Falcons Set to Host Devils TonightJanuary 21, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) Springfield Falcons
The Falcons look to get back on the winning track tonight after dropping a 5-3 decision Friday night in Portland against the Pirates. Springfield currently has a record of 18-18-1-2 as they play game number 40 tonight. The Falcons remain in the hunt in the very competitive Northeast Division as they sit three points behind Albany and Bridgeport, five points behind Adirondack and six points in back of Connecticut.
The Devils also look to snap a two-game losing streak tonight. Albany dropped a 3-2 decision Friday night at Adirondack. Albany has a record of 17-15-5-3 on the season.
TRANSACTION UPDATE - The Falcons have had a busy stretch of transactions over the last three days heading into tonight's action.
The Falcons added blueliners Brett Motherwell and Greg Amadio on Thursday. Amadio was acquired in a trade with the Grand Rapids Griffins in exchange for Mike Thomas. Motherwell was signed to a PTO after playing for the Falcons' ECHL affiliate, the Chicago Express. Both players made their Falcons debut on Friday night in Portland.
Also announced Thursday was the Columbus Blue Jackets signing of Brett Lebda, who had been with the Falcons since early November. Lebda joined the Blue Jackets on Thursday night.
On Friday, it was announced that both Dane Byers and David Savard were assigned back to the Falcons by the Columbus Blue Jackets. Steven Delisle was assigned back to the Falcons' ECHL affiliate, the Chicago Express.
FALCONS TEAM NOTES
DRAZENOVIC BACK: Falcons center Nick Drazenovic returned to the lineup on Friday night after missing 18 games due to injury.
* After not seeing a shootout through their first 27 games, the Falcons have been part of a shootout five times in their last 12 contests. The Falcons are 3-2 in the shootout this year.
* Andrew Joudrey had a three-game goal scoring streak from January 7-January 13. He now has four goals in his last six games.
* Maksim Mayorov has points in seven of his last nine games played collecting three goals and five assists.
* Matt Calvert has points in seven of his last eight games totaling five goals and three assists in that span.
* Martin St. Pierre has points in four straight games entering tonight's action.
* Cam Atkinson has goals in five of his last six games collecting seven markers in that span.
* Alexandre Giroux has points in six of his last seven games collecting two goals and six assists in that span.
American Hockey League Stories from January 21, 2012
- Griffins Fall to Rochester in Shootout - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rampage Score Final Five Goals in Win Over Rivermen - Peoria Rivermen
- Rampage Defeat Rivermen 5-1 on Pucks and Paws Night - San Antonio Rampage
- Hutton Backstops Rockford to Third Period Comeback Win - Rockford IceHogs
- Rampage World Record Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Whale defeated 5-4 - Connecticut Whale
- Marc It in the Books - Losing Streak Over - Manchester Monarchs
- Wolves' Lead Slips Away Before Massive Crowd - Chicago Wolves
- Amerks Erase Two-Goal Deficit to Defeat Griffins in Shootout - Rochester Americans
- Monarchs Score Late to Claim 5-4 Win Over Bears - Hershey Bears
- Grant's Big Night Leads Penguins Over Crunch - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Four-Game Home Win Streak Ended - Adirondack Phantoms
- Admirals Win Wild One in Shootout Over Whale - Norfolk Admirals
- Moore Sends Near Record Crowd at DCU Center Home Happy - Worcester Sharks
- Penalties Doom Crunch in 6-2 Loss - Syracuse Crunch
- Devils Ride First Period to Win at Springfield - Albany Devils
- Marlies Ice Bulldogs 7-2 in 2012 AHL Outdoor Classic - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Nilsson Backstops Sound Tigers to Eighth Straight Win - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- P-Bruins Extend Point Streak to Three - Providence Bruins
- Bulldogs Break AHL Canadian Attendance Record at AHL Outdoor Classic - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Holmstrom and Sestito Recalled by Flyers - Adirondack Phantoms
- Ducks Recall Kyle Palmieri - Syracuse Crunch
- Bruins Recall Kampfer - Providence Bruins
- Gameday Preview - Houston at Texas - Texas Stars
- Jets Recall Patrice Cormier from IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Jets Assign Derek Meech to IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Falcons Set to Host Devils Tonight - Springfield Falcons
- Heat Vs Checkers Game Preview - Abbotsford Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.