B-Sens Fall Flat in 5-2 Loss to CrunchJanuary 13, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) Binghamton Senators
Marc Cousineau made his American Hockey League debut in net for the Crunch, making 35 saves. Syracuse forwards Luca Caputi, Mathieu Carle and Brandon McMillan each posted a goal and an assist in the victory.
Despite the outcome, the B-Sens got on the board first at 8:32 of the opening period. Just 14 seconds into the B-Sens' first power play opportunity of the game, Andre Petersson deflected Stephane Da Costa's point shot past Cousineau. Corey Locke drew the secondary assist, earning his 499th career American Hockey League point.
The Crunch answered at the 10 minutes mark of the period as J.F. Jacques tipped a rebound past B-Sens starting goaltender Mike McKenna to knot the score at one.
The second period would unravel for the B-Sens as the Crunch posted four unanswered goals to take a commanding 5-1 lead.
Patrick Maroon's snap shot from the top of the right circle found the back of the net at 7:17 to give the Crunch their first lead of the game. Carle drew the lone assist on Maroon's goal before scoring one of his own at 11:25 as his shot from the slot skipped past a screened McKenna to stretch Syracuse's lead by two.
Caputi and McMillan added goals at 14:40 and 18:50 respectively.
Robin Lehner relieved McKenna of his goaltending duties for the third period, turning aside all 10 shots he faced. McKenna ended the night with 18 saves as he fell to 10-11-0 on the season.
Just past the midway point of the third, Mark Borowiecki picked up the puck in the slot and snapped home his third goal of the season to narrow Binghamton's deficit to three goals, however the B-Sens failed to generate any additional offense.
The B-Sens ended the night 1-for-3 on the power play. The Crunch were 1-for-6 with the man advantage.
The B-Sens are back at it tomorrow as they host the Hershey Bears at 7:05 p.m. Tickets are $18.50 for side seating, $17.50 for end seating. Fans can purchase tickets at www.ticketmaster.com, by phone at 1-800-745-3000 or in person at the Binghamton Senators' executive office or the Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena box office.
American Hockey League Stories from January 13, 2012
- Admirals Fall to Wolves, Drop Third Straight - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wolves Win Fifth Straight with 2-1 Victory Over Milwaukee - Chicago Wolves
- Aeros Hold off Rivermen 2-1 - Peoria Rivermen
- B-Sens Fall Flat in 5-2 Loss to Crunch - Binghamton Senators
- Smith, IceHogs Knock off Barons in OT - Rockford IceHogs
- Amerks Drop Overtime Decision to Marlies, 2-1 - Rochester Americans
- Monarchs Unlucky on Friday the 13th - Manchester Monarchs
- 13 Is Lucky Number for Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Aeros hold on for a 2-1 win - Houston Aeros
- Stars' Surge Too Much for Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Admirals Cruise Past Whale - Norfolk Admirals
- Sateri Does the Monster Mash on Friday the 13th with 1-0 Win - Worcester Sharks
- Admirals win over Whale - Connecticut Whale
- Phantoms Edge Bulldogs 5-4 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- P-Bruins Fall to Sharks - Providence Bruins
- Panthers Aquire Ondrej Roman from Dallas in Exchange for Angelo - San Antonio Rampage
- Streaking Stars Stay Hot, Beat Griffins 6-4 in a Wild One - Texas Stars
- Crunch Roll to a 5-2 Win in Binghamton - Syracuse Crunch
- Sound Tigers Shoot Past Monarchs 4-2 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Dallas Trades Ondrej Roman for Angelo Esposito - Texas Stars
- Great Skate Winterfest Returns January 21-22 with Snowboarding "Rail Jam" and Dog Sled Rides - Grand Rapids Griffins
- B-Sens Maintain Pricing on Season Ticket Packages for Third Consecutive Year - Binghamton Senators
- Outdoor Classic Fan Shuttles Launched - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Whale's Game Saturday to be Aired on Beethoven - Connecticut Whale
- Worcester Sharks to Host Online Jersey Auction to Benefit the 15-40 Connection - Worcester Sharks
- Gameday Preview - Texas at Grand Rapids - Texas Stars
- Blackhawks Assign Smith to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Sound Tigers Sign Landry to PTO - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Give Blood; Watch Hockey - Peoria Rivermen
- Jets Re-Assign Cormier to IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Webster Bank Arena Hero Honored - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Falcons Host Pirates Tonight - Springfield Falcons
- Button Assigned to Reading - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Announce Time Warner Cable Buy One Get One Games - Syracuse Crunch
- B-Sens Reassign Max Gratchev to Elmira - Binghamton Senators
- Aeros Game Day, January 13: Aeros at Peoria - Houston Aeros
- Griffins Ride Seven-Game Point Streak into Tonight's Tussle with Texas - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Losing Streak Continues with 4-0 Loss in Peoria - Lake Erie Monsters
- Rivermen End First Half with Bishop's Sixth Shutout - Peoria Rivermen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.