Spencer Edwards Returning to SchoolDecember 15, 2011 - Central Hockey League (CHL) Allen Americans
Edwards, a native of Coquitlam, BC, played in two games for the Allen Americans this season before getting injured. He registered one point and was a plus one.
"Spencer's decision to return to school is a decision that is right on all levels," said Americans GM and Head Coach Dwight Mullins. "He's a great player that couldn't get healthy to establish himself, and with the timeline on his school, it was evident that he makes this move now."
Spencer Edwards won the Humanitarian Award in Canada in 2010, for the numerous hours he spent giving back to the Community of Moose Jaw. Edwards made it a regular routine to visit sick children in hospitals, which included handing out free tickets that he purchased for Moose Jaw Warrior Hockey games.
Prior to coming to Allen, Spencer Edwards played two seasons with the Moose Jaw Warriors of the Western Hockey League, playing in 135 games and netting 106 points (46 goals, 60 assists).
The Allen Americans host the Texas Brahmas this Friday, December 16th at 7:05 PM. www.ticketmaster.com www.allenamericans.com.
Central Hockey League Stories from December 15, 2011
- Blaze Look to Keep Home Winning Streak Alive - Bloomington Blaze
- Mavericks Sign Forward Mike Gurtler - Missouri Mavericks
- Simmons Rejoins Mallards as Executive Vice President - Quad City Mallards
- Hauswirth Called to Texas Stars, Marshall Reassigned to Bees - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Spencer Edwards Returning to School - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.