Red Claws Acquire Courtney PigramDecember 9, 2011 - NBA Development League (D-League) Maine Red Claws
A 6-1 guard out of East Tennessee, Pigram has been playing overseas for Heilongjiang Zhaozhou Feng Shen (China-NBL). Described as a scoring combo guard with an unbelievable range who plays with tremendous heart, Pigram earned numerous NBA workouts following college before opting to take his skills overseas first to Spain and then China. In 18 games this year with Heilongjiang, he has averaged 10.8 ppg and 4/2 rpg. Pigram was drafted by the Idaho Stampede in the 5th round of the 2011 NBA Development League Draft.
The addition of Pigram was necessitated by the invitation of four Red Claws to NBA camps: Chris Wright, Antonio Anderson, Kenny Hayes and Mike Tisdale.
RED CLAWS OFFER MINI BALL WITH TICKET PURCHASE TO HOLIDAY GAMES: All fans who purchase two or more tickets to the Red Claws December 23 or 24 game vs. the Iowa Energy will also receive a limited edition Red Claws mini ball. In celebration of the holidays, the Red Claws will host full team autograph sessions on the court following each game.
The special mini ball package can be purchased by calling (207) 210-6655 or in person at the Red Claws Team Store, located at 413 Congress Street in Portland. The packages may also be purchased online using the promotional code HOLIDAYBALL.
Great seats remain for both games. Tickets to all 24 Red Claws home games are available by calling (207) 210-6655, in person at the Red Claws offices located at 413 Congress Street in Portland, or online at www.maineredclaws.com.
Maine Red Claws - 2011-12 will mark the third season for the Maine Red Claws, the minor league affiliate of the Boston Celtics, Charlotte Bobcats and Philadelphia 76ers. The NBA D-League team plays its home games at the Portland Expo Building. The franchise is owned and operated by Maine Basketball, LLC, which is principally owned by Bill Ryan Sr., the retired chairman of TD Bank, and Bill Ryan Jr., owner and operator of Oxford Plains Speedway. Jon Jennings, a partner in Maine Basketball, LLC and former Boston Celtics assistant coach, serves as the team's president and general manager.
NBA Development League Stories from December 9, 2011
- Vipers Slither Past Toros; Avoid Austin Comeback - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Tulsa Wins Grudge Match - Dakota Wizards
- Energy Dominate Paint in 115-92 Victory Over Sioux Falls - Iowa Energy
- Canton Outlasts Erie, 101-98 - Erie BayHawks
- Big Fourth Quarter Lifts Tulsa Over Dakota - Tulsa 66ers
- Tarver Invited to Blazers Training Camp - Idaho Stampede
- Jam Games to be Televised on NBA TV and Comcast - Bakersfield Jam
- Jam Players Invited to NBA Training Camps - Bakersfield Jam
- Armor Players Invited to Nets Camp - Springfield Armor
- Red Claws Acquire Courtney Pigram - Maine Red Claws
- Anderson, Tisdale Invited to 76ers Training Camp - Maine Red Claws
- BayHawks Send Five to NBA Training Camps - Erie BayHawks
- NBA D-League Update - D-League
- Energy Re-Acquire Guard Russell Carter - Iowa Energy
- Wizards Acquire Price and Cunningham - Dakota Wizards
- Jam Quiets Stampede - Bakersfield Jam
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.