K-Wings Sova Receives League HonorNovember 2, 2011 - ECHL (ECHL) Kalamazoo Wings
Sova, who leads the ECHL with a plus/minus rating of plus-eight, was even or better in all five K-Wings games in the opening month of the season. The defenseman also had two goals in the October.
Highlighting the rookies month, was a plus-five performance on October 29th in a 6-5 victory over the Cincinnati Cyclones during the 8th Annual Orange Ice Game, presented by The CW7 and WKFR.
In his first full season as a professional, Sova made his pro debut last season scoring four points (1g-3a), while appearing in 11 games with the American Hockey League's Albany Devils
Before turning pro, Sova played three seasons at the University of Alaska-Fairbanks scoring 58 points (13g-45a) in 115 games.
In recognition of his accomplishment, AMI Graphics will present Sova with a personalized Plus Performer of the Month Banner during an on-ice ceremony at an upcoming K-Wings' home game.
Kalamazoo will start a two-game road swing this Friday, November 4th with a 7:35 p.m. encounter at the WesBanco Arena against the Wheeling Nailers.
The K-Wings will return home next Sunday, November 6th with a 4 p.m. face-off versus the Chicago Express during "Family Hockey Day in the 'ZOO!", presented by Meijer, Pepsi, Charter Communications and the Kalamazoo Gazette. Sunday's game will also be Slappy's Birthday party featuring the Meijer Mobile Playground, a FREE post-game skate with all the K-Wings players (skate rental is available for only $3), a concourse carnival from Vertical Edge and a special performance by Kinetic Affect. During all Sunday game this season, all kids (12 and under) will eat FREE and the first 500 kids will receive a FREE giveaway. This week's giveaway is a Meijer water bottle.
Single-game tickets for the upcoming 2011-2012 season are on sale at the Wings Stadium Ticket Office. Ticket Office hours are Monday-Friday 10 a.m.-6 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m.-2 p.m. For more information, please call Wings Stadium Ticket Office during regular business hours at (269) 345-5101.
Tickets for all K-Wings home games are $12.90 and $16.90 for adults and only $6.90 for kids ages 12 and under. The price for all K-Wings premium night games (all colored ice games and New Year's Eve game) are just $1 more. Fans can save money by purchasing K-Wings single game tickets in advance because tickets purchased on the day of a game increase by $1.
ECHL Stories from November 2, 2011
- Idaho Ends Streak with Emphatic Victory - Idaho Steelheads
- Stingrays Extend Winning Streak with 4-1 Victory over Everblades - South Carolina Stingrays
- Howes and Kissel Return to Aces Lineup - Alaska Aces
- Adam Huxley Returns to Wranglers - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Express Get Defenseman Steven Delisle - Chicago Express
- ECHL Transactions - November 2 - ECHL
- LeBlanc Added to Steelheads Roster - Idaho Steelheads
- Titans Monthly Radio Show Debuts Thursday - Trenton Titans
- Baier Returns to Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Wranglers to Grow "Movember" Moustaches - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Holiday Hockeyfest Unveiled - Toledo Walleye
- Quick Is MeiGray Group ECHL Alumnus of the Month - ECHL
- Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- MMA and Boxing Returns this Weekend - Kalamazoo Wings
- Defenseman Dan Ringwald Loaned to Oklahoma City - Stockton Thunder
- Paul McIlveen Returns to Grizzlies - Utah Grizzlies
- Kinetic Affect to Perform this Sunday During K-Wings Game - Kalamazoo Wings
- K-Wings Sova Receives League Honor - Kalamazoo Wings
- Kalamazoo's Sova Is AMI Graphics ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - ECHL
- Stingrays Gameday: 2-For-1 Tickets Tonight Against Everblades - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - November 2 - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.