Webster Bank Arena Announces "Grab Your Buds"September 22, 2011 - American Hockey League (AHL) Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The event, which is sponsored by Budweiser, will begin at 5 p.m. on the plaza in front of Webster Bank Arena and will feature a wide variety of activities and entertainment for all ages.
"This event is a great precursor to the Islanders/Bruins game and the perfect way to kick off the hockey season," said Bridgeport Sound Tigers President Howard Saffan. "We want the fans to come down early and celebrate a great night for Webster Bank Arena and the City of Bridgeport."
The Zambonis, "North America's Favorite All-Hockey Band", will open the festivities with a live performance beginning at 5 p.m. Other highlights and activities will include the New York Islanders I.C.E Tour, various inflatables sponsored by Big Y, and performances by professional magician Bryan Lizotte.
The Stratford Fire Department will also be conducting a "Pass the Boot" fundraiser for the Andrew J. and Henrietta Panetteri Burn Center at Bridgeport Hospital.
Budweiser will be offering beer specials and fans will also be able to enjoy cupcakes from Toppings among other food and drink options.
The Sound Tigers regular season kicks off Saturday, Oct. 8 at 7 p.m. against the Portland Pirates at Webster Bank Arena in Bridgeport. For information on partial or season ticket plans as well as group outings, contact the Sound Tigers at (203) 345-2300 or e-mail email@example.com.
American Hockey League Stories from September 22, 2011
- Mitchell Picks up the Pace - Connecticut Whale
- William M. Jennings Trophy Winner & R.I. Native Join Boston Alumni - Providence Bruins
- Training Camp Day in Review - Abbotsford Heat
- Wolves Sign Three - Chicago Wolves
- Pirates Announce On-Sale Date for Individual Tickets - Portland Pirates
- Texas Stars and Border Media Group Announce Broadcast Agreement - Texas Stars
- Checkers, Husqvarna Team up for '15 Days of Giving' - Charlotte Checkers
- Webster Bank Arena Announces "Grab Your Buds" - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Senators Re-Assign Forward Shane Prince to Ottawa - Binghamton Senators
- Frank Berrian to be New Whale P.A. Voice - Connecticut Whale
- Wolves Open Training Camp on Monday - Chicago Wolves
- Amerks Set to Open 2011 Training Camp on Monday, September 26 - Rochester Americans
- Dallas Stars to Sign Mike Modano to One-Day Contract to Retire - Texas Stars
- Hurricanes Trim Training Camp Roster by Six - Charlotte Checkers
- Watt Signs Contract with Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- Pirates Schedule to Feature Friday Dollar Hot Dog Nights - Portland Pirates
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.