Watt Signs Contract with MonarchsSeptember 22, 2011 - American Hockey League (AHL) Manchester Monarchs
Watt, 24, has spent the last three season splitting time between the AHL and the ECHL, playing with the Abbotsford Heat (AHL), San Antonio Rampage (AHL), Quad City Flames (AHL), Las Vegas Wranglers (ECHL) and the Utah Grizzlies (ECHL). The 6-foot-2, 196-pound native of Cremona, Alberta recorded 35 points (15-2035) and 555 penalty minutes in 168 professional games since 2008.
Selected in the fourth-round (111th overall) by the Calgary Flames in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft, Watt played five seasons in the Western Hockey League with the Vancouver Giants, Red Deer Rebels and Regina Pats before turning pro. Watt collected 141 points (62-79141) and 763 penalty minutes in 255 WHL games. He was a member of the 2006 WHL Championship and 2007 Memorial Cup Championship, both with the Giants.
Be among the first to secure your Opening Weekend seats through the Monarchs Opening Weekend Pack! Get two great seats for either the Opening Night game or Opening Saturday game as the Monarchs drop the puck on our 11th season in Manchester. In addition, you will receive four flex vouchers and a limited edition Opening Weekend puck (exclusive to this package). For more information, visit www.manchestermonarchs.com or call the Monarchs Front Office at (603) 626-7825.
American Hockey League Stories from September 22, 2011
- Mitchell Picks up the Pace - Connecticut Whale
- William M. Jennings Trophy Winner & R.I. Native Join Boston Alumni - Providence Bruins
- Training Camp Day in Review - Abbotsford Heat
- Wolves Sign Three - Chicago Wolves
- Pirates Announce On-Sale Date for Individual Tickets - Portland Pirates
- Texas Stars and Border Media Group Announce Broadcast Agreement - Texas Stars
- Checkers, Husqvarna Team up for '15 Days of Giving' - Charlotte Checkers
- Webster Bank Arena Announces "Grab Your Buds" - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Senators Re-Assign Forward Shane Prince to Ottawa - Binghamton Senators
- Frank Berrian to be New Whale P.A. Voice - Connecticut Whale
- Wolves Open Training Camp on Monday - Chicago Wolves
- Amerks Set to Open 2011 Training Camp on Monday, September 26 - Rochester Americans
- Dallas Stars to Sign Mike Modano to One-Day Contract to Retire - Texas Stars
- Hurricanes Trim Training Camp Roster by Six - Charlotte Checkers
- Watt Signs Contract with Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- Pirates Schedule to Feature Friday Dollar Hot Dog Nights - Portland Pirates
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.