Express Clipped at Omaha 4-3August 29, 2011 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Round Rock Express
Round Rock led 3-1 entering the bottom of the fifth, but a leadoff walk and a one-out walk came back to haunt Express starter Brett Tomko. Lorenzo Cain delivered a two-out RBI single and took second on the throw home. Robinson followed with the game-winning hit to left-center.
Omaha starter Vin Mazzaro (7-2) retired the side in the top of the sixth inning, his final inning of work en route to the win. He allowed three runs - two earned - on seven hits and three walks with five strikeouts. Willy Lebron held Round Rock hitless with three strikeouts and two walks over 3.0 scoreless innings for his first save with the Storm Chasers.
Tomko (8-6) took the loss, allowing four runs on six hits and three walks with four strikeouts over 7.0 innings. Beau Jones worked a perfect eighth.
Jarrod Dyson tripled to open the bottom of the first and scored on David Lough's subsequent sacrifice fly. Round Rock took the lead in the third thanks to a run-scoring groundout from Chad Tracy and Joey Butler's two-out RBI single. The Express got an unearned run in the fourth when Taylor Teagarden singled to open the inning, remained on the base paths thanks to an Omaha error and scored on Nick Green's RBI groundout.
Teagarden was 2-for-4, producing Round Rock's lone multiple-hit game. Adrian Beltre singled and scored in four plate appearances, while Andres Blanco singled in three at bats. Both began rehab assignments Monday.
Round Rock and Omaha continue their four-game series Tuesday with a 7:05 p.m. CDT first pitch at The Dell Diamond. It will be dueling southpaws as the Express send Zach Jackson (11-5, 5.92 ERA) to the mound opposite Storm Chasers lefty Mike Montgomery (5-9, 5.44 ERA).
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 29, 2011
- Three-Run Ninth Sends OKC to Comeback Win - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- RedHawks Roar from Behind to Beat Zephyrs 7-6 - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Isotopes Nipped by 'Birds, 3-1 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Redbirds Edge Isotopes - Memphis Redbirds
- Express Clipped at Omaha 4-3 - Round Rock Express
- I-Cubs' 7th Inning Rally Gives Sounds 8-5 Loss - Nashville Sounds
- Cubs Rally to Defeat Nashville, 8-5 - Iowa Cubs
- Dana Eveland Named to All-PCL Team - Albuquerque Isotopes
- IF Koby Clemens Moved to Temporary Inactive List - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes at Omaha Storm Chasers - Round Rock Express
- LaHair Named to All-PCL Team - Iowa Cubs
- Giavotella, Mendoza, Robinson Make All-PCL Team - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Navarro Named PCL Player of the Week - Salt Lake Bees
- Round Rock's Butler Named PCL Postseason All-Star - Round Rock Express
- Navarro, Brach Named Players Of The Week - PCL
- Homestand Highlights - Memphis Redbirds
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Taylor Green Named to All-PCL Team - Nashville Sounds
- Ransom, Cowgill Named to All-PCL Team - Reno Aces
- Three Storm Chasers on 2011 All-PCL Team - Omaha Storm Chasers
- 2011 All-PCL Team Announced - PCL
- South Division Champion River Cats Return to Raley Field for Final Regular Season Homestand - Sacramento River Cats
- Aces Offer $1 'Win and We're In' GA Tickets Tonight - Reno Aces
- Rainiers hold off Sky Sox, 6-5 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Padres Win Home Finale - Tucson Padres
- Crowd Packs in for Final Home Game - Fresno Grizzlies
- Padres Clip Aces, 6-4 - Reno Aces
- 'Topes Fall in Lightning-Shortened Home Finale, 7-6 - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.