Whitecaps FC Launch Area Code 250 Match PackJune 15, 2011 - Major League Soccer (MLS) Vancouver Whitecaps FC
"We are very pleased to provide a special ticket package created specifically for those living outside the Lower Mainland - a match pack that includes tickets to two accessible matches and takes into account ferry and travel costs. It offers an economical and entertaining ticket option for the whole family," said Whitecaps FC chief executive officer Paul Barber. "We are averaging over 20,000 fans in our inaugural season and our fans have made Empire Field a great place to experience top level soccer in British Columbia."
In addition to the special ticket package, Whitecaps FC partner, the River Rock Casino Resort, is offering an exclusive offer of $139 per night. Simply say "WHITECAPS" during the booking process to receive the special rate. For transportation options, fans can also contact Uniglobe Vision Travel - the official travel services provider of Whitecaps FC - toll free at 1.800.663.0208.
The July 16 match against Real Salt Lake will take place at 1 p.m. PT on Bell Pitch at Empire Field. RSL bring an impressive side that were 2010-2011 CONCACAF Champions League Finalist and 2009 Major League Soccer Cup champions.
On July 18, Whitecaps FC will host 2011 English FA Cup champions, Manchester City FC, at 7 p.m. PT. This past season the Blues also finished third in the English Premier League and secured a berth in the UEFA Champions League group stage for the first time. Manchester City is managed by former Italian international Roberto Mancini and features a roster stocked with world-class players. Midfielders Patrick Vieira and David Silva are among the most accomplished players on the team, having won the FIFA World Cup with France and Spain respectively. City also features a number of full England internationals, including Gareth Barry, Shaun Wright-Phillips, and Joe Hart. Other international stars include German defender JérÃ´me Boateng, Dutch midfielder Nigel de Jong, Ivory Coast brothers Kolo and Yaya Toure, and Italian striker Mario Balotelli.
Major League Soccer Stories from June 15, 2011
- Red Bulls to Host 2011 U.S. Open Cup Third Round Match at Red Bull Arena - New York Red Bulls
- OneRepublic Post-Game Concert Rescheduled for September 17 Match - Real Salt Lake
- Chivas USA to Launch Unique "Heart Soccer Camps" for Special Needs Children - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Chicago Fire to Face Winner of Harrisburg - Rochester Tilt in 3rd Round of Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - Chicago Fire
- RSL to Host Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Third Round Tilt - Real Salt Lake
- Timbers U-23s Play Host to Tacoma Saturday - Portland Timbers
- Sporting Kansas City Weekly Update - Sporting Kansas City
- Whitecaps FC Launch Area Code 250 Match Pack - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Chicago Fire Agree to Transfer Fee with Club Atlas for Forward Gaston Puerari - Chicago Fire
- Former MLS All-Star Alecko Eskandarian Joins Philadelphia Union - Philadelphia Union
- Tickets for CONCACAF Gold Cup Available - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.