Express Rally For Monday Win Over RedHawksApril 25, 2011 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Oklahoma City RedHawks
Houston Astros shortstop Clint Barmes went one-for-two in a rehabilitation start, reaching on a single, walk and an error in three plate appearances. Barmes will return to the lineup tomorrow for Oklahoma City before continuing his rehabilitation with Double-A Corpus Christi.
Round Rock reliever Ryan Tucker (1-1) dealt one and two-thirds scoreless innings in the winning decision. Starter Zach Jackson allowed two runs and seven hits in five and one-thirds innings. Oklahoma City reliever Ross Wolf (0-1) allowed four runs and two hits over one and one-thirds innings for the loss. RedHawks starter Ryan Rowland-Smith allowed one run and four hits over five and one-thirds innings without a decision. Zach Phillips (3) saved the game for Round Rock with a perfect ninth inning.
Oklahoma City opened the scoring in the first inning as Koby Clemens singled in J.B. Shuck for a 1-0 score.
Round Rock tied the game in the second against Rowland-Smith. After a two-out walk, Joey Butler tripled to bring in Craig Gentry for a 1-1 score.
The RedHawks regained the lead in the third inning. Barmes reached on a walk and later scored on a Clemens fielder's choice for a 2-1 score.
The lead remained intact until the seventh inning. With two on and two out, Kevin Cash singled in Matt Kata from second base, tying the score at 2-2. After Wolf walked Esteban German to load the bases, left-hander Wesley Wright entered to face left-hander Endy Chavez. Chavez doubled to left-center and cleared the bases to give Round Rock a 5-2 lead.
Oklahoma City scored two in the eighth inning on a Brian Bogusevic single and a Tommy Manzella fielder's choice, ending the scoring at 5-4.
Oklahoma City LH Douglas Arguello will face Round Rock RH Derek Hankins in the series finale Tuesday at 7:05 p.m. Live radio coverage is available on AM 1340 The Game, online at 1340thegame.com and through the IHeartRadio application on mobile devices.
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 25, 2011
- Reno Rallies Late For 6-2 Win Over Fresno - Reno Aces
- Isotopes Walk-Off With 7-6 Win Over Z's - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Montanez Leads Iowa Past Memphis - Memphis Redbirds
- Sky Sox Defeat 51s 6-5 For Fifth Straight Victory - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Isotopes Walk Off With 7-6 Win - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Montanez Leads Cubs Over Redbirds - Iowa Cubs
- Round Rock Express Halt Skid, Top Redhawks 5-4 - Round Rock Express
- Giavotella's Late Hit Leads Storm Chasers Over Sounds - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express Rally For Monday Win Over RedHawks - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Ninth-Inning Run Leads Omaha Past Sounds, 2-1 - Nashville Sounds
- Amarista Gets First Major League Call-Up - Salt Lake Bees
- Evan Scribner Recalled by San Diego Padres - Tucson Padres
- Ely Earns PCL Pitcher of the Week Honors - Albuquerque Isotopes
- IF Clint Barmes Joins RedHawks for Pair of Games - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes Vs. Oklahoma City RedHawks - Round Rock Express
- River Cats Jai Miller Earns Pacific Coast League Player of the Week - Sacramento River Cats
- Rojo Johnson Returns to Central Texas - Round Rock Express
- PCL Names Player and Pitcher of the Week - PCL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.