Mets Option OF Lucas Duda to BisonsApril 10, 2011 - International League (IL) Buffalo Bisons
Duda, 25, was the Bisons Most Valuable Player in 2010 after hitting .314 (83-264) with 23 doubles, 17 home runs and 53RBI in only 70 games with the club. He was first promoted to the Herd on June 14 and tied a Bisons all time record by homering in five straight games, June 28, July 18. His 17 home runs were tied for 2nd on last year's club while his RBI total was 4th.
Duda was also awarded the New York Mets Sterling Organizational Player of the Year in 2010. He hit .118 (2-17) with one RBI in eight games with the Mets to start the 2011 season.
Igarashi saw action in two games for the Bisons this season. After tossing two shutout innings on Friday night against Syracuse, he earned a four-out save against the Pawtucket Red Sox on Sunday afternoon.
International League Stories from April 10, 2011
- PawSox Come up Short in Buffalo - Pawtucket Red Sox
- G-Braves Win In A Walk-Off - Gwinnett Braves
- Phelps And Bell Propel Clippers To 7-5 Victory - Indianapolis Indians
- Mets Option OF Lucas Duda to Bisons - Buffalo Bisons
- Bulls Fall In 11, 5-4 At Gwinnett, Split Opening Series - Durham Bulls
- Knights Sweep Doubleheader, Series - Charlotte Knights
- Chiefs Win Second Straight at Lehigh Valley - Syracuse Chiefs
- IronPigs Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bisons Notes - Pawtucket at Buffalo - Buffalo Bisons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.