RiverKings Claim Mironovic off WaiversMarch 23, 2011 - Central Hockey League (CHL) Mississippi RiverKings
Mironovic was waived by the Fort Wayne Komets earler in the week after playing in 24 games, earning one assist and 37 penalty minutes.
The 6-foot-3, 220-pound blue liner brings championship experience to the RiverKings, as he was a member of two IHL Turner Cup championship teams with the Komets the two previous years. While on those two title teams, Mironovic scored three goals for 22 points and had 153 penalty minutes in 142 regular season games during the 2008-09 and 2009-10 seasons. Danko added one goal, five points, and 30 penalty minutes in 23 playoff appearances.
Prior to turning professional, Mironovic played four seasons in the Ontario Provincial Junior Hockey League, with the Couchiching Terriers and the Vaughn Vipers.
The RiverKings are in the playoffs and will start its road toward the Ray Miron President's Cup next week with an opponent and schedule to be announced at the conclusion of the regular season this Sunday, March 27th. For more information on RiverKings playoff tickets and for season tickets to the RiverKings' 20th Anniversary Season, call 662-342-1755 or go online to www.riverkings.com today!
Central Hockey League Stories from March 23, 2011
- Mallards Roll Past Bloomington 5-2 - Quad City Mallards
- Komets Stone Gems 1-0 - Fort Wayne Komets
- PrairieThunder Drops 5-2 Decision at Quad City on Wednesday - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Gems Shutout by Komets, 1-0 - Dayton Gems
- Join Us Friday for Fan Appreciation Night - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Medicine Hat Tigers Dubyk Named Vaughn CHL Goaltender of the Week - CHL
- RGV's Aaron Lewicki Named Rookie of the Year - CHL
- Lewicki Honored as CHL Rookie of the Year - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- 67's' Tyler Toffoli Named CHL Player of the Week - CHL
- Tigers' Deven Dubyk Named Vaughn CHL Goaltender of the Week - CHL
- RiverKings Claim Mironovic off Waivers - Mississippi RiverKings
- Graham Recalled by Lake Erie - Allen Americans
- Playoff Possibility Update - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.