Astros Recall Melancon from Round Rock; Option WrightAugust 9, 2010 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) - Round Rock Express Press Release
Melancon, 25, was acquired by Houston on July 31 along with infielder Jimmy Paredes from the New York Yankees in exchange for first baseman Lance Berkman. Melancon (#54) will join the club in time for tonight's game and will pitch out of the bullpen. He's made two appearances for the Yankees this season, posting a 9.00 ERA (4ER/4IP). Melancon has spent most of his 2010 campaign at the Triple A level, appearing in 43 games combined between Scranton/Wilkes-Barre and Round Rock, posting a 7-1 record with seven saves and a 3.41 ERA (23ER/60.2IP). In 15 Major League appearances, all coming with the Yankees in 2009-10, Melancon owns an 0-1 record with a 4.87 ERA (11ER/20.1IP).
Wright, 25, has posted a 1-2 record and a 6.28 ERA (20ER/28.2IP) in 10 games, four starts, for the Astros this season. He's been working out of the rotation since his most recent recall from Triple A on July 20.
To fill Wright's spot in the starting rotation, the Astros will go with right-handed pitcher Nelson Figueroa, who's now scheduled to start Saturday vs. Pittsburgh. Figueroa owns a 3-1 record and a 3.38 ERA (14ER/37.1IP) in 21 games, one start, with Houston and Philadelphia combined this season.
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 9, 2010
- Manzella Rehab Assignment Moves to Round Rock - Round Rock Express
- Peña Stays Hot as Beavers Knock off I-Cubs - Portland Beavers
- Round Rock Express Rally Past Sacramento 11-7 - Round Rock Express
- Royals Romp over Rainiers 11-1 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Portland Stops Cubs' Win Streak - Iowa Cubs
- Astros Recall Melancon from Round Rock; Option Wright - Round Rock Express
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- NPF Showdown Undergoes Changes - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Beat 51s, 10-5, End Four-Game Losing Streak - Nashville Sounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.