Bears First Team to 80 PointsFebruary 8, 2010 - American Hockey League (AHL) Hershey Bears
Joudrey jumps in: Center Andrew Joudrey is a nominee for American Hockey League player of the week for the period ending February 7, after he scored three goals in two games and helped lead HERSHEY to a pair of victories. Joudrey scored two goals Wednesday in a 3-2 shootout victory over Norfolk in Hampton Roads, and also scored a goal Sunday in a 5-4 come- from-behind win over Wilkes- Barre/Scranton at Giant Center.
Two months, only one loss: As HERSHEY hits the ice Friday in Albany, the team has amassed 22 wins in 23 games, with just one loss in the last 63 calendar days. With 30 regular season games remaining, the BEARS are just 12 wins short of tying the franchise record for most wins in a single season.
Practice schedule: The BEARS will skate Tuesday and Wednesday morning at Giant Center this week in preparations for Friday's road game in Albany. Practice begins both days at 10:00 p.m.
Varlamov makes second start: Goaltender Semyon Varlamov made his second start in a HERSHEY uniform on Sunday. Varlamov allowed four goals to the Penguins, and improved his record to 2-0-0 with the BEARS this season. With Washington this year, Varlamov is 12-1-2 this year with a 2.21 goals against average. He remains on HERSHEY'S roster to begin the new week.
Comparing then and now: The 2006-07 BEARS, coached by current Washington Capitals bench boss Bruce Boudreau, holds the franchise record for wins in a single season with 51. With 30 games to go in 2006-07, HERSHEY had just 31 wins, eight fewer than this year's team. Last season's Calder Cup champions won 49 games during the regular season, and had 34 wins at the same point in the season.
American Hockey League Stories from February 8, 2010
- Rivermen Weekly - Peoria Rivermen
- Canadiens Recall Tom Pyatt From Bulldogs; Assign Brock Trotter And Ryan White To Hamilton - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Pirates Plundering Their Way Into Playoff Picture - AHL
- Marlies Travel Across Canada For Two Games Against Abbotsford - Toronto Marlies
- Falcons Players To Visit Famous Dave's Wednesday - Springfield Falcons
- Griffins Embark On Four-Game Trip To Texas And Illinois - Grand Rapids Griffins
- First Place Worcester Sharks Hit The Road - Worcester Sharks
- First-Place Bulldogs Continue To Roll With Two North Division Tilts This Week - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Moose Pick Up 3-Of-4 Points In Week 19 - Manitoba Moose
- Pirates Weekly - Portland Pirates
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Dallas Recalls Wathier And Sawada - Texas Stars
- Tollefsen Assigned To Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Hogs Pick Up Four More Points, Hog Talk At Hooters Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Portland's Mark Mancari Named Reebok/AHL Player Of The Week - AHL
- Wolf Pack's Andres Ambuhl Headed To Olympics - Connecticut Whale
- Wolf Pack Release Defenseman Julien Brouillette From PTO - Connecticut Whale
- Canucks Recall Jannik Hansen - Manitoba Moose
- Crunch Players To Sign Autographs At Tully's Good Times - February 9 - Syracuse Crunch
- Abbotsford Heat Hot Sheet - Abbotsford Heat
- Bears First Team to 80 Points - Hershey Bears
- Oilers Reassign Plante And Chorney To Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- Rampage Reassign Gistedt To Las Vegas - San Antonio Rampage
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.