Wildcats Alumni Headed To OlympicsDecember 31, 2009 - Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL) Moncton Wildcats
Martins Karsums and Oskars Bartulis, both standouts in the Wildcats winning their first QMJHL championship in 2006, will be members of Team Latvia.
Dimitri Kalinin, the Wildcats first round pick in the 1998 CHL import draft will be part of Team Russia's defensive corps.
Johny Oduya of Sweden, who played 44 games with Moncton during the 2000-2001 season, has been named to the Swedish national team.
Patrick Thoresen, was a center with the Wildcats during the 2001-2002 season. He scored 30 goals and 43 assists for the Cats. The Oslo native will be a member of Team Norway.
The United States team will be announced on New Year's Day and there's speculation Keith Yandle, another member of the Presidents Cup championship team, will be picked for Team USA.
Team Canada will open its quest for gold at the Olympics on February 16th against Norway.
Check all of the Wildcats alumni at www.moncton-wildcats.com.
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from December 31, 2009
- 'Cats Lose To Seas Dogs In Shootout 4-3 - Moncton Wildcats
- Sea Dogs Earn 4-3 Comeback Win In Moncton - Saint John Sea Dogs
- Maineiacs Acquire Critchlow And Tanguy In Trade - Lewiston MAINEiacs
- Olympiques Race Past Maineiacs - Lewiston MAINEiacs
- Trade Between Acadie-Bathurst And Lewiston - QMJHL
- Today's Maineiacs Game Scheduled For 2:00 P.M. - Lewiston MAINEiacs
- Wildcats Alumni Headed To Olympics - Moncton Wildcats
- Cats Coffee Talk - Moncton Wildcats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.