Taylor's overtime heroics give Amerks ninth straight winNovember 6, 2009 - American Hockey League (AHL) Rochester Americans
With just 1:26 remaining in the extra period, Taylor found the back of the net on a power play winner in front of the season-high 6,035 fans. The 18-year pro was assisted by Clay Wilson and Graham Mink. After tonight's game, Taylor has tallied nine points (2+7) in his last six games to take the team lead in that statistic with a total of 13.
The Amerks appeared to be in control after leading 3-0 after two periods of play, but the Crunch went on a three-goal streak in the final period. Crunch defenseman Nick Holden netted a shorthanded equalizer past Alexander Salak with only 13 seconds left in the game. Salak finished the game with 26 saves to improve to 7-0-0, while Crunch counterpart Kevin Lalande recorded 19 saves in the loss.
In the second, both Mike York and Mink scored goals to give the Amerks the commanding three-goal lead. York's power play goal came off an assist from Michael Duco, while Mink was set-up by forwards Evgeny Dadonov and Taylor.
However, the goals were not enough as Syracuse's Kevin Harvey and Trevor Frischmon scored at the 5:26 and 12:58 marks in the third to cut the Amerks' lead to one.
Rochester's first goal was scored by Duco, 9:15 into the first period. The forward's first goal of the season came off assists from Jason Garrison and Keaton Ellerby. The assist was Ellerby's fourth in four games.
As predicted, the game started out, and remained, physical for the duration of the two periods. With about seven minutes remaining in the middle period, Amerks forward Jimmy Bonneau squared off with Jon Mirasty of the Crunch. It was the pairs' fifth fight in their last three meetings.
The Amerks improve to 4-0-0-0 against the Syracuse Crunch in the season series, to remain atop the American Hockey League standings with a league-best 21 points.
The Amerks remain home on Saturday, November 7th as they take on the Toronto Marlies in a 7:05 p.m. North Division showdown. Powerhouse vocalist and songwriter Lou Gramm will sing the U.S. and Canadian National anthems. He will also sign autographs during the first intermission. The matchup will be third of eight this season between the divisional foes and can be heard live on SportsRadio 1280 WHTK and FM 107.3, Rochester's Sports Talk. Fans can also tune in to watch the game live on Time Warner Cable SportsNet Channel 26.
American Hockey League Stories from November 6, 2009
- First meeting with Toronto ends in loss for Lake Erie - Lake Erie Monsters
- Climie and Texas shutout Manitoba 4-0 - Texas Stars
- Albany comes-back for 5-4 overtime win against Lowell - Albany River Rats
- 'Dogs drop first game in regulation 2-1 to B-Sens - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Falcons Beat Sound Tigers - Move Into Third Place In Division - Springfield Falcons
- Groulx-ing End To Nine Round Shootout - Manchester Monarchs
- Taylor's overtime heroics give Amerks ninth straight win - Rochester Americans
- Moose shut out in Texas - Manitoba Moose
- River Rats Snap Four-Game Winless-Streak - Albany River Rats
- Griffins Run Winning Streak to Six - Grand Rapids Griffins
- River Rats Rally to Drop Devils in OT, 5-4 - Albany Devils
- Falcons fly past Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Sharks Win in Nine-Round Shootout - Worcester Sharks
- B-Sens beat Bulldogs 2-1 for second straight win - Binghamton Senators
- Wolf Pack win over Bruins - Connecticut Whale
- Three-Goal Third Period Earns Crunch Hard Fought Point - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins edge Wolves, 5-4 - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals Win Third Straight Game to Even Record - Norfolk Admirals
- Pirates Blank the Bears - Portland Pirates
- P-Bruins fall to Wolf Pack 5-3 - Providence Bruins
- First Round Draft Picks Boedker & Ross Join Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Griffins' Three Games In Four Days Packed With Promotions - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Meet The Phantoms At UNO Chicago Grill - Adirondack Phantoms
- Crunch Announce Details Of Crunch Foundation Prize Wheel - Syracuse Crunch
- Coyotes Recall Heshka From San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Falcons Host The Sound Tigers Tonight - Springfield Falcons
- Amerks Look For Nine Straight Tonight Against Syracuse - Rochester Americans
- Crunch Sign Right Wing Simon Ferguson And Center Bryan Lundbohm - Syracuse Crunch
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- Pirates Sign Goaltender Nie - Portland Pirates
- Derlago Signs PTO With P-Bruins - Providence Bruins
- Griffins Welcome Wolves Tonight - Grand Rapids Griffins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.