Missions add LHP Steve Garrison; LHP Cory Luebke to join Team USAAugust 31, 2009 - Texas League (TL) - San Antonio Missions Press Release
Garrison, 22, went 7-7 with a 3.82 ERA (55 ER/129.2 IP) in 24 starts with the Missions in 2008 before suffering a season-ending arm injury. He sat out most of the 2009 campaign, but made nine starts with the Padres' Rookie League team in Peoria before moving up to Lake Elsinore for two more starts. Garrison worked 7.2 innings of five-hit ball, allowing two runs, one earned, while walking two and striking out seven and picking up a save in two appearances at Lake Elsinore.
Garrison will fill the open spot in the rotation, and is scheduled to start Wednesday's game at Midland.
Luebke, 24, went 3-2 with a 3.70 ERA (17 ER/41.1 IP) over nine starts with the Missions after going 8-2 with a 2.34 ERA (23 ER/88.1 IP) in 14 starts with Lake Elsinore. He will be placed on the Temporary Inactive list.
The Missions active roster is full at 24 players.
Texas League Stories from August 31, 2009
- Missions add LHP Steve Garrison; LHP Cory Luebke to join Team USA - San Antonio Missions
- Drillers win, narrow gap on Naturals - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Cards hold off Travs 2-1 to split series - Arkansas Travelers
- Midland takes finale in Frisco - Frisco RoughRiders
- Cards win 2-1, return Tuesday for seven-game homestand - Springfield Cardinals
- Inman Stifles Sweep - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Missions let early lead, game slip away - San Antonio Missions
- Free Concessions Rewards; Post-Season All-Stars Named - Springfield Cardinals
- Reckling & Conger Named Texas League All Stars - Arkansas Travelers
- Locke, Sutil Claim Post-Season Honors - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Naturals to place single-game playoff tickets on sale Tuesday - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Join the Drillers Chase for a Championship - Tulsa Drillers
- Hooks Rally, Outlast Missions - Corpus Christi Hooks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.