Angels Recall Evans, O'Sullivan Optioned to Salt LakeJuly 22, 2009 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) - Salt Lake Bees
Evans, 27, has appeared in 93 games for the Bees in 2009, hitting .290 with a team-high 24 doubles, four triples, 19 home runs and 66 RBI. He also has a team-high 20 stolen bases. This is his first call-up to the Angels this season. The 2009 PCL All-Star, a native of Dublin, Ga., joined the Angels organization on July 5, 2006 via trade from the St. Louis Cardinals.
O'Sullivan, 21, has appeared in five games for the Angels in 2009, owning a 3-0 record with a 3.72 ERA with 16 strikeouts. His most recent outing with the Angels was in last night's 10-2 win over Kansas City. In 11 games for the Bees this season, he owns a 5-3 record with a 6.62 ERA with 37 strikeouts. The El Cajon, Calif. native was originally selected by the Angels in the third round of the 2005 draft.
The 50-47 Salt Lake Bees continue an eight-game homestand tonight against the Fresno Grizzlies at 7:05 p.m. at Spring Mobile Ballpark. Book your summer group outing with the Salt Lake Bees while dates are still available. For more information please call (801) 325-BASE or visit slbees.com.
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 22, 2009
- Beavers Fall to Aces - Portland Beavers
- Big Hits Power Albuquerque Win - Round Rock Express
- Birds, Sounds Split Double Dip - Memphis Redbirds
- Z's Lose Again - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Sounds Split Doubleheader In Memphis - Nashville Sounds
- Royals Hold on to Win 9-6 - Iowa Cubs
- RedHawks at Zephyrs Tonight - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Angels Recall Evans, O'Sullivan Optioned to Salt Lake - Salt Lake Bees
- Express Announces Susan G. Komen for the Cure Pink in the Park Night - Round Rock Express
- Gotay Lifts Reno To 11-5 Victory - Reno Aces
- Gotay Leads Aces Barrage On Beavers - Portland Beavers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.