RoughRiders defeat Travs in slugfestJuly 13, 2009 - Texas League (TL) Frisco RoughRiders
Arkansas jumped on Frisco starter Michael Kirkman for six runs over the first two innings, but Frisco answered with four runs in the first frame as well, highlighted by a three-run home run by Johnny Whittleman, his first at Dr Pepper Ballpark. Frisco scored four more in the third frame when Tim Smith hit a solo homer, followed by a two-run double by Chad Tracy and a double by Adam Fox to give Frisco the 8-6 lead. Arkansas added one more in the fourth, but Frisco added another run in the eighth on an RBI single by Craig Gentry to give Frisco the 9-7 victory.
Frisco starter Michael Kirkman allowed six runs on eight hits over three innings, striking out two. Frisco's Pedro Strop (2-3) earned the win out of the bullpen and Beau Vaughan notched his fourth save. Arkansas' Bryan Rembisz (2-3) suffered the loss, giving up six runs on six hits.
Frisco was led by Fox who collected three hits, RBI, and a run. Whittleman and Smith both homered to give Frisco 18 in July, the most of any month this season (11 games). Chad Tracy extended his hit streak to nine games.
The RoughRiders will go for the sweep on Tuesday with first pitch at 7 p.m. from Dr Pepper Ballpark.
Texas League Stories from July 13, 2009
- Travs' early rally not enough Monday - Arkansas Travelers
- RoughRiders defeat Travs in slugfest - Frisco RoughRiders
- Garner, Drillers bomb Missions - Tulsa Drillers
- Big fourth inning dooms Teaford, Naturals - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Carter's walkoff sinks Cards - Springfield Cardinals
- Texas League Update - TL
- They're Back! - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Southpaw Rowdy Hardy returning to Naturals - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Castro, Lo Shine in Futures Game - Corpus Christi Hooks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.