All-Star Bianucci promoted to High-AJuly 6, 2009 - South Atlantic League (SAL) - Hickory Crawdads
The native of Fairfax, Virginia, ranks among league leaders in most offensive categories, including 3rd in average (.335), 3rd in home runs (15), 5th in RBIs (49), t-2nd in hits (87), t-4th in doubles (21), 3rd in on-base percentage (.404), 1st in slugging percentage (.604) and 3rd in extra-base hits (38). He set a Crawdads record with six hits in a game against Asheville on April 17 and set an individual career-high with seven RBIs in that contest. Bianucci leaves Hickory on a four-game hitting streak, two-game homer streak and two-game RBI streak, with seven RBIs in the last two games. In his last five games, Bianucci has compiled a .500 batting average (7-for-14) with two homers, seven RBIs and nine runs. He is in his second professional season after being selected by Texas in the eighth round of the 2008 draft out of Auburn University.
Bianucci becomes the sixth Crawdad to be promoted to Bakersfield this season, joining LHP Richard Bleier, LHP Glenn Swanson, INF Jake Kaase and OF Timmy Rodriguez on the Blaze. OF Eric Fry, who was promoted to Bakersfield from Hickory on June 1, has been transferred to the Crawdads.
The Crawdads look to extend their five-game winning streak with game three of the series against Hagerstown on Monday evening with 2-for-1 Senior Tickets. Then, Tuesday is Dollar Day at L.P. Frans, when 10 items at the ballpark cost just a buck each, including a buy one, get a $1 ticket offer! Tuesday also features KRAFT Singles Tuesday Night Tickets - just bring a KRAFT Singles package wrapper to any Tuesday home game to buy one ticket and get one free from KRAFT Singles! Visit kraftsingles.com for details.
The Crawdads welcome the Lake County Captains to town for a four-game series, starting on Wednesday night. All kids in attendance on Wednesday can run the bases after the game! Then, Thursday's game is a $1 Beverages Night at the ballpark, followed by Friday Night Fireworks, presented by Crowne Plaza and WHKY Talk Radio 1290, after the the Friday game. The homestand concludes on Saturday, July 11, with the ZOOperstars at the ballpark and the Smack Sticks Giveaway, sponsored by KICKS Radio Group.
Single game tickets for all Crawdads games are on sale now at the Crawdads Ticket Office and online at www.hickorycrawdads.com and start at just $6! Season tickets, mini-plans and group outings are available at the Crawdads office, located at 2500 Clement Blvd. NW or by calling 322-3000.
South Atlantic League Stories from July 6, 2009
- Crawdads five-game winning streak ends against Suns - Hickory Crawdads
- Hot Rods Rally Twice For 4-3 Win Over Augusta - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Late Runs Sink Jackets - Augusta GreenJackets
- Drive Break Up No-Hit Bid with Four Run Sixth, Win 5-3 - Greenville Drive
- Tourists Top RiverDogs, 6-5 - Charleston RiverDogs
- Tourists Walk To Victory - Asheville Tourists
- Power Double Up On Blueclaws - West Virginia Power
- Power get Past BlueClaws Bullpen - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Kannapolis limited again in 5-1 defeat to Shorebirds - Kannapolis Intimidators
- Greenwalt pitches Legends past Braves 2-1 - Lexington Legends
- Mollicone Named Player Of The Week - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- All-Star Bianucci promoted to High-A - Hickory Crawdads
- Hoppers Grab Game Two Behind Right Arm Of Dorn - Greensboro Grasshoppers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.