Braves Hold Off LegendsMay 6, 2009 - South Atlantic League (SAL) Rome Braves
The Braves scored the first run of the game in the second on a RBI sacrifice fly by Chris Shehan to make it a 1-0 lead. In the third Lexington took a 2-1 lead on a sacrifice fly RBI by Ricardo Bonfante and an RBI triple by Brandon Barnes. Rome took the lead 3-2 with two runs in the bottom of the inning. The runs came on a two RBI double by Samuel Sime with two outs. In the fourth the Braves added an insurance run on a Joel Campusano RBI single for the final 4-2 score.
Jacob Thompson (1-2) was the winning pitcher for the Braves, while Kyle Greenwalt (2-2) got the loss for the Legends. Jaye Chapman picked up his first save of the season for the Braves.
Rome takes on Lexington at home tomorrow at 10:30 AM. For ticket information, contact the Rome Braves at 706-378-5144 or log onto www.romebraves.com.
South Atlantic League Stories from May 6, 2009
- Tourists Trap RiverDogs, 3-1 - Charleston RiverDogs
- Drive Fall to Sand Gnats, 6-4, in 10 Innings - Greenville Drive
- Power snap losing streak, split double dip - West Virginia Power
- Marte homers in tenth to lift Gnats to victory - Savannah Sand Gnats
- Braves Hold Off Legends - Rome Braves
- Jacobsen delivers in the rain to evade sweep - Hagerstown Suns
- Clemson Tigers and Furman Paladins Postponed at Fluor Field - Greenville Drive
- Boscan And Paisano Earn Rangers Monthly Honors - Hickory Crawdads
- McCormick Field to Host Two Ashville Chamber Events - Asheville Tourists
- Blue Claws Fall to Imtimidators - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Intimdators dominate in 9-3 win in Lakewood - Kannapolis Intimidators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.