Sounds Blank Z's In Road Opener, 9-0April 17, 2009 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Nashville Sounds
On the offensive side for Nashville (4-5), five players enjoyed a multi-hit night, led by third baseman Mat Gamel's 3-for-5 evening, and eight of the Sounds' ten batters had at least one knock.
Gamel and Hernan Iribarren each extended his hitting streak to eight games in the contest.
Nashville got on the board in the top of the second with one run, but it was the three-run third and five-run sixth that put the game out of reach. Shortstop Alcides Escobar highlighted the big sixth frame with a three-run homer, his first career Triple-A roundtripper.
Green (1-0) picked up his first win of 2009 after allowing four hits and striking out four batters over six scoreless frames, while Narveson earned his second save of the year by fanning five batters over the final three frames.
New Orleans starter Dallas Trahern (0-1) took the loss in the Z's home opener after giving up four runs on eight hits over five frames of action.
The teams continue the series with a 6 p.m. meeting on Saturday night. Right-hander Tim Dillard (1-0, 1.80) will make the start for the Sounds to face New Orleans righty Daniel Barone (0-0, 9.64).
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 17, 2009
- Sounds Blank Z's In Road Opener, 9-0 - Nashville Sounds
- Zephyrs Blanked In Home Opener - New Orleans Zephyrs
- RedHawks dropped, 6-1 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Cubs top Round Rock - Iowa Cubs
- E-Train News Update - Round Rock Express
- Brown, Wood, Wilson and Coon Return to Salt Lake - Salt Lake Bees
- Beavers Offer Significant Cost-Saving Ticket, Food Specials In 2009 - Portland Beavers
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Oklahoma City RedHawks Opening Day and Upcoming Promotions - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Beavers Edged By River Cats In 10 Innings - Portland Beavers
- Whiteside Not Enough As Grizzlies Drop Finale - Fresno Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.