Giants Smack Cougars 7-3September 27, 2008 - Western Hockey League (WHL) Vancouver Giants
Craig Schira and Neil Manning continued their fine play on the blue line, as each netted two goals in the victory. Evander Kane with his third goal in as many games, Craig Cunningham and Brendan Gallagher with his first WHL goal rounded out the Giants scoring. Brian Matte, Brett Connolly and Dallas Jackson replied for the Cougars. Tyson Sexsmith, fresh from his NHL camp in San Jose, turned aside 24 of 27 shots for the victory, while Kevin Armstrong allowed six goals on 27 shots to take the loss. Ian Curtis mopped up for the Cougars in goal and turned aside 12 of 13 shots over the final period and a half.
1) Craig Cunningham - one goal and one assist
2) Neil Manning - two goals on defence
3) Craig Schira - two goals on defence
Next up for the Giants will be a weekend pair of games on the road. On Saturday night, the Portland Winter Hawks will host the Giants. You can catch all the action on SUPERHITS 650 CISL at 630 pm, with the drop of the puck at 7 pm from the Portland Memorial Coliseum.
Western Hockey League Stories from September 27, 2008
- Another Comeback Falls Just Short - Edmonton Falls 4 - 3 To Red Deer In Overtime - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Rai scores twice in 7-3 loss to Everett - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Saskatoon Drops 2nd Straight to Swift Current - Saskatoon Blades
- T-Birds Launch New Website - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Chilliwack Bruins At Home Saturday and Sunday - Chilliwack Bruins
- Tri-City Offense Stays Hot; Takes Out Seattle 5-3 - Tri-City Americans
- Hurricanes add a different "King" to Lineup - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Americans Sneak By T-Birds - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Oil Kings Beat Red Deer In Thrilling Shootout - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Giants Smack Cougars 7-3 - Vancouver Giants
- Rockets Hand Blazers First Loss - Kamloops Blazers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.