Checkers Sign McKee And GuerinAugust 20, 2008 - ECHL (ECHL) Charlotte Checkers
McKee, 6-foot-1, 187 pounds hails from Irving, Texas. His rights were acquired early this off-season in a trade with Phoenix for forward Colin Sinclair. He split time between three teams last season with the majority being 23 games with the Roadrunners. During that time, he compiled a record of 6-10-4 with a goals against average of 3.77 and a save percentage of .898. He also suited up for one game with the Augusta Lynx and two with the Iowa Stars of the American Hockey League. McKee played three seasons at Cornell University before turning pro during the 2006-07 campaign where he suited up in 52 games with Augusta and seven with the Portland Pirates (AHL).
Guerin, 6-foot-1, 180 pounds played four seasons with Miami of Ohio University before turning pro last season to join the South Carolina Stingrays. In 156 collegiate games, Guerin totaled 49 goals and 66 assists for 115 points with 147 penalty minutes. He was a 9th round selection of the Los Angeles Kings during the 2003 National Hockey League Entry Draft. During his year with the Stingrays, Guerin managed 18 goals and 32 assists for 50 points in 68 games. He also added 9 goals and 7 assists for 16 points in 17 playoff games.
The Lansing, Mich. native wants to continue the success of last year in Charlotte, "I was fortunate to have a terrific season last year and I really look forward to coming to a great organization like the Checkers and helping my team win," remarked Guerin.
The Checkers are getting ready for their 16th season of play as a member of the ECHL. In the team's 15-year history, the Checkers have made the playoffs 11 times including four consecutive playoff appearances to date. The Checkers are entering their fourth season of play Time Warner Cable Arena. Season tickets are on sale now with full-season packages starting at just $396. For season ticket information, please call 704-342-4-ICE or visit www.gocheckers.com.
ECHL Stories from August 20, 2008
- Aces add pair from Pensacola - Alaska Aces
- Ianiero and Balan return to the Condors lineup - Bakersfield Condors
- Gladiators Sign Defenseman Engel - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Lynx Announce Revised 08-09 Schedule - Augusta Lynx
- Rays Shore Up Blue Line with Pair of Defensemen - South Carolina Stingrays
- Salmon Kings Sign Bowling Green Blueliner - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Gladiators Revised Schedule Released; Home Opener October 18th - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Blades Re-Up with Herauf - Florida Everblades
- Checkers Announce 2009 Schedule - Charlotte Checkers
- Stingrays Announce Schedule Changes - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals Join Forces With Clear Channel Communications To Launch New Radio Network - Reading Royals
- Checkers Sign McKee And Guerin - Charlotte Checkers
- Nailers And Clear Channel Extend Partnership - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.