Clint Everts returning to PotomacApril 30, 2008 - Carolina League (CarL) Potomac Nationals
Everts, a former first-round pick by the Montreal Expos in the 2002 First-Year Player Draft, was 0-2 with the Suns this season posting a 4.63 ERA in eight appearances, totaling 11 2/3 innings.
The Cypress, Texas native spent all of the 2006 and 2007 seasons with Potomac going 9-20 while sporting a 5.38 ERA. The right-hander split time as a starter and a reliever during that time making 31 starts and 27 relief appearances.
A former top prospect in the Expos organization in 2003 and 2004, Everts' career was hampered by an elbow injury after the 2004 season requiring Tommy John surgery. The 23-year-old returned to pitching in 2005, going 0-1 with the GCL Nationals in seven starts, and was then promoted to Short-Season Vermont where he appeared in nine games with a 3.79 ERA.
With the addition of Everts, Potomac's active roster now stands at 25, with 12 pitchers and 13 position players.
Carolina League Stories from April 30, 2008
- Hillcats Hang On To Avoid Sweep With 3-2 Win - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Zimmermann overpowers Warthogs - Potomac Nationals
- Avs blank Indians - Salem Red Sox
- Salem Blanks K-Tribe 5-0 - Kinston Indians
- Warthogs Swept Again, Blanked By Potomac - Winston-Salem Dash
- Wilmington Avoids Sweep With Ninth-Inning Magic - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Roush Fenway Racing's No. 6 Car At Ballpark Thursday - Sunday - Salem Red Sox
- Late Blown Lead Negates Sweep Bid - Frederick Keys
- Hillcats game notes - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Clint Everts returning to Potomac - Potomac Nationals
- Pelicans Game Notes - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Winston-Salem Warthogs Game Notes - Winston-Salem Dash
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.