Revolution Adds Defender Chase HilgenbrinckMarch 28, 2008 - Major League Soccer (MLS) New England Revolution
Hilgenbrinck, 25, signed with the Revs after a trial this week. The left-sided defender came to the Revs after a brief preseason spell with the Colorado Rapids following a four-year playing stint in Chile.
"Chase will provide us experience and depth in the back," Revolution Director of Soccer Michael Burns said. "We're fortunate to be able to add a proven defender just before the start of the season."
Before coming to MLS, Hilgenbrinck spent his entire professional career in Chile after going undrafted in the 2004 MLS SuperDraft. He signed with Huachipato of the first division and was then loaned to Naval. After his contract expired with Huachipato, he signed with Ñublense in the second division and helped "Los Diablos Rojos" gain promotion to the first division in 2006.
Hilgenbrinck played his college soccer at Clemson, where he started 58 of the 74 games in which he played during his four years. He scored three goals and added 10 assists, and was a teammate of current Revs goalkeeper Doug Warren.
The Revolution opens the 2008 season on Saturday, March 29, when the team hosts the Houston Dynamo at Gillette Stadium in a rematch of MLS Cup 2007. Kickoff is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. and Fox Soccer Channel will televise the game live while WRKO 680 AM will carry the game on the radio in the Boston area. For tickets or more information, visit www.revolutionsoccer.net.
Major League Soccer Stories from March 28, 2008
- Earthquakes Beat Portland Timbers 2-1 in Final Preseason Game - San Jose Earthquakes
- Ray Burse Loaned to Portland Timbers - FC Dallas
- San Jose Earthquakes Announce 2008 Reserve Division Schedule - San Jose Earthquakes
- Crew signs Brazilian forward Guilherme So - Columbus Crew
- Rapids Sign MLS Veteran Kelly Gray Off Waivers - Colorado Rapids
- Red Bulls To Host "Countdown To Kickoff" Events - New York Red Bulls
- San Jose Earthquakes Acquire Forward John Cunliffe From Chivas USA In Exchange For Chris Pozniak - San Jose Earthquakes
- D.C. United Signs Murphy And Thorpe, Waive Kpene - D.C. United
- D.C. United Launches BehindTheBadge.com - D.C. United
- Revolution Adds Defender Chase Hilgenbrinck - New England Revolution
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.