Hershey Beats Sound TigersDecember 26, 2006 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The Sound Tigers overcame a 3-1 second-period deficit on goals by Drew Fata and Jason Pitton to tie the game before Steckel scored late in the middle period for a 4-3 Hershey advantage. Pitton's goal came after a nice feed from Petteri Nokelainen; Masi Marjamaki also assisted the goal at 12:51 of the second. Steckel regained Hershey's lead just with what proved to be the game winner 1:21 later.
Trailing 2-0 in the first period, Frans Nielsen scored Bridgeport's first goal of the night by redirecting a Drew Fata feed past Hershey goaltender Maxime Daigneault. Nielsen extended his goal-scoring streak to four games. Just 16 seconds after Nielsen's goal, Louis Robitaille answered for a 3-1 Hershey lead.
Hershey was 1-for-6 on the power play and Bridgeport went 0-for-7 on the advantage. The Sound Tigers outshot Hershey 31-26. Billy Thompson started in goal for the Sound Tigers and stopped nine of 12 shots before being replaced by Michael Mole who kicked aside 11 of 13 Hershey shots. Laing's goal was an empty-netter in the waning moments.
The Sound Tigers will host the Hartford Wolf Pack on Friday at the Arena at Harbor Yard at 7:30 p.m. For schedule and ticket information, including group discount opportunities, visit soundtigers.com or call 334-4625.
American Hockey League Stories from December 26, 2006
- Rampage rally falls short - San Antonio Rampage
- Stars win third straight - Iowa Chops
- Houston survives late goal - Houston Aeros
- Senators cruise past Crunch, 4-2 - Binghamton Senators
- Peoria Powers Past Griffins, 4-3 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolf Pack Recall Lee, Bahensky and Constant from Charlotte - Connecticut Whale
- Phantoms upend Penguins - Adirondack Phantoms
- Hershey Beats Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rivermen Power Through Grand Rapids 4-3 on the Road - Peoria Rivermen
- Bears back in first place after downing Bridgeport, 6-3 - Hershey Bears
- 'Dogs hold on to down Amerks - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Pair called up to New York - Connecticut Whale
- Hamilton Bulldogs weekly - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Phantoms week in review - Adirondack Phantoms
- Portland Pirates Weekly Report - Portland Pirates
- Rampage sign Ferraro, Paddock to PTO - San Antonio Rampage
- Admirals Keep Pace Near Top of Tight East Division Race - Norfolk Admirals
- Oilers send Roy back to Bulldogs and recall Hejda - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rochester hosts Hamilton tonight - Rochester Americans
- Bears' Laing named CCM Vector/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Lowell Splits the Week - Albany Devils
- Rampage Week 12 Report - San Antonio Rampage
- Sound Tigers News - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Monarchs Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Binghamton Senators weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Bears begin five games in six nights Tuesday - Hershey Bears
- Ellis Returns to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Flames Recall Regehr, Moss From Knights - Abbotsford Heat
- Worcester signs Prudden to Professional Tryout Agreement - Worcester Sharks
- Flames Send Ference, Germyn to Knights - Abbotsford Heat
- Aeros Gameday - Houston Aeros
- Sharks Look to Ring in New Year with "Bang" - Worcester Sharks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.