Admirals Keep Pace Near Top of Tight East Division RaceDecember 26, 2006 - American Hockey League (AHL) Norfolk Admirals
The Admirals return to Scope on Wednesday night to face the Providence Bruins and on Friday night to battle with the Lowell Devils. On Saturday, Norfolk travels to Hershey to face the Bears in the first of three meetings between the rivals in seven days.
At 21-7-4-1 (47 pts), Norfolk is tied for second place in the East Division with Hershey (20-4-3-4, 47 pts). Wilkes-Barre/Scranton (22-4-2-2, 48 pts) has a one-point lead over the Admirals and Bears. Albany (15-13-2-0, 32 pts) is fourth, Bridgeport (13-12-1-3, 30 pts) is fifth, Philadelphia (11-17-1-0, 23 pts) is sixth and Binghamton (9-19-1-2, 21 pts) is seventh.
THE WEEK AHEAD
Wednesday, Dec. 27...Norfolk vs. Providence Bruins (Boston Bruins)...7:15 p.m.
Friday, Dec. 29...Norfolk vs. Lowell Devils (New Jersey Devils)...7:15 p.m.
Saturday, Dec. 30...Norfolk at Hershey Bears (Washington Capitals)...7:00 p.m.
NORFOLK LEADERS Goals: Brandon Bochenski (22) Assists: Martin St. Pierre (32) Points: Brandon Bochenski (46) Games Played: Colin Fraser, Jordan Hendry (33) PP goals: Brandon Bochenski (11) SH goals: Craig MacDonald (3) +/- Rating: Bryan Bickell (+14) PIM: Colin Fraser (87) GAA: Corey Crawford (2.38) Spct: Corey Crawford (.923) Wins: Corey Crawford (17) Losses: Corey Crawford (7) GPI: Corey Crawford (25) Minutes: Corey Crawford (1459)
PROVIDENCE LEADERS Goals: Kris Versteeg (13) Assists: David Krejci (18) Points: Kris Versteeg (27) Games Played: Several (30) PP goals: Pascal Pelletier (6) SH goals: Jonathan Sigalet, Jeremy Reich (1) +/- Rating: Pascal Pelletier (+9) PIM: Jeremy Reich (73) GAA: Jordan Sigalet (3.01) Spct: Brian Finley (.894) Wins: Brian Finley (6) Losses: Philippe Sauve (5) GPI: Sigalet, Finley, Sauve (9) Minutes: Brian Finley (550)
LOWELL LEADERS Goals: Justin Papineau, Chris Minard (12) Assists: Justin Papineau (17) Points: Justin Papineau (29) Games Played: Mark Fraser, Andy Greene (32) PP goals: Nicklas Bergfors (8) SH goals: Rod Pelley (1) +/- Rating: Justin Papineau (+7) PIM: Aaron Voros (69) GAA: Frank Doyle (2.53) Spct: Frank Doyle (.915) Wins: Frank Doyle (10) Losses: Frank Doyle (11) GPI: Frank Doyle (23) Minutes: Frank Doyle (1326)
HERSHEY LEADERS Goals: Alexandre Giroux (21) Assists: Lawrence Nycholat (25) Points: Alexandre Giroux (32) Games Played: Chris Bourque (30) PP goals: Giroux, Fleischmann (7) SH goals: Alexandre Giroux (4) +/- Rating: Nycholat, Steckel (+12) PIM: Louis Robitaille (108) GAA: Frederic Cassivi (2.63) Spct: Frederic Cassivi (.913) Wins: Frederic Cassivi (12) Losses: Frederic Cassivi (5) GPI: Frederic Cassivi (23) Minutes: Frederic Cassivi (1322)
- Brandon Bochenski has established a new franchise-record scoring streak with points in his last 13 Admirals games since November 12 at Manchester. In that span, he has 12 goals and 18 assists for 30 points. He broke the previous 11-game scoring streak record that was established by Martin St. Pierre earlier this season.
- Troy Brouwer netted his first pro hat trick on Wednesday vs. Bridgeport. He then earned his first NHL call-up to the Chicago Blackhawks, playing in his first NHL game on Saturday at Colorado.
- St. Pierre is on a seven-game point streak (6g, 10a)
- Dustin Byfuglien is on a five-game point streak (2g, 4a)
- The Admirals' penalty kill has been perfect in its last four games and is 29-30 (96.7%) in its last five games.
- On Friday night, the Chicago Blackhawks (NHL) recalled RW Troy Brouwer on loan from the Admirals.
ON THE RADIO/INTERNET
All games are broadcast on 670-AM WPMH, 1010-AM WRJR, 1270-AM WTJZ and 1450-AM WBVA. The games are also cybercast at SportsJuice.com. Go to www.SportsJuice.com, or click on the link at www.norfolkadmirals.com. Pre-game broadcasts begin 15 minutes prior to game starting time.
Games are also viewable through the Internet on a pay-per-view basis through B2 Networks for anyone with a high-speed cable modem, T1 or DSL broadband connection and Windows Media Player 9 or higher. Visit www.norfolkadmirals.com and click the B2 Networks banner to view all Admirals' home and away games.
The Admirals Hour radio show will air tonight, December 26, from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. on 670-AM WPMH, 1010-AM WRJR, 1270-AM WTJZ, 1450-AM and 1310-AM ESPN Radio. "The Voice of the Admirals" Pete Michaud will be joined by Admirals Vice President Mark Bernard in the studio to take fans' calls. If you have questions for Pete or Mark, you may call in during the radio show or email them ahead of time to email@example.com. If you email your questions, please be sure to include your first name and your city and state.
Individual tickets for all Admirals' home games are available at the Scope Box Office, all TicketMaster outlets, charge-by-phone at (757) 671-8100 and online at www.ticketmaster.com. Season tickets, 10-Packs and group tickets are available through the Admirals' office. For more information, visit the club's website at norfolkadmirals.com or call the Admirals at (757) 640-1212.
American Hockey League Stories from December 26, 2006
- Rampage rally falls short - San Antonio Rampage
- Stars win third straight - Iowa Chops
- Houston survives late goal - Houston Aeros
- Senators cruise past Crunch, 4-2 - Binghamton Senators
- Peoria Powers Past Griffins, 4-3 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolf Pack Recall Lee, Bahensky and Constant from Charlotte - Connecticut Whale
- Phantoms upend Penguins - Adirondack Phantoms
- Hershey Beats Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rivermen Power Through Grand Rapids 4-3 on the Road - Peoria Rivermen
- Bears back in first place after downing Bridgeport, 6-3 - Hershey Bears
- 'Dogs hold on to down Amerks - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Pair called up to New York - Connecticut Whale
- Hamilton Bulldogs weekly - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Phantoms week in review - Adirondack Phantoms
- Portland Pirates Weekly Report - Portland Pirates
- Rampage sign Ferraro, Paddock to PTO - San Antonio Rampage
- Admirals Keep Pace Near Top of Tight East Division Race - Norfolk Admirals
- Oilers send Roy back to Bulldogs and recall Hejda - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rochester hosts Hamilton tonight - Rochester Americans
- Bears' Laing named CCM Vector/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Lowell Splits the Week - Albany Devils
- Rampage Week 12 Report - San Antonio Rampage
- Sound Tigers News - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Monarchs Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Binghamton Senators weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Bears begin five games in six nights Tuesday - Hershey Bears
- Ellis Returns to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Flames Recall Regehr, Moss From Knights - Abbotsford Heat
- Worcester signs Prudden to Professional Tryout Agreement - Worcester Sharks
- Flames Send Ference, Germyn to Knights - Abbotsford Heat
- Aeros Gameday - Houston Aeros
- Sharks Look to Ring in New Year with "Bang" - Worcester Sharks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.