Rampage Week 12 ReportDecember 26, 2006 - American Hockey League (AHL) - San Antonio Rampage Press Release
Tuesday, Dec. 26 vs. Houston Aeros
@ Toyota Center-7:05 p.m.
The Rampage visit the Houston Aeros for the third time ... This is the sixth game of the season series and the first of three times in four days ... The Rampage are 4-20-1-1 at the Toyota Center and own a 15-30-6-2 record lifetime ... There are six more games remaining in the series.
Wednesday, Dec. 27 vs. Omaha Ak-Sar-Ben Knights
@ AT&T Center-7:00 p.m.
After canceling their game last Friday due to inclement weather, this will be the fourth match-up against the Knights this season ... The Knights are ranked second in the West Division with 38 points ... The Rampage own a 5-8-0-0 lifetime record against the Knights with a 3-4-0-0 record at home.
Friday & Saturday, Dec. 29 & 30 vs. Houston Aeros
@ AT&T Center & Toyota Center-7:00 & 7:35 p.m.
The Rampage end 2006 with a home-and-home series against Houston ... The Aeros are ranked sixth in the division with 27 points, six more than the Rampage ...Josh Olson skated with the Rampage for three seasons (2002-05) and Joey Tetarenko skated with the Rampage during the 2002-03 campaign.
All games can be viewed through B2 Networks' live video web cast for $6 to anyone with a high-speed internet connection, through a link at sarampage.com.
SHOTS FROM THE POINT
MILESTONES IN SIGHT: Don MacLean is only one goal shy of his 200th career AHL goal while Pascal Rheaume's next game will be his 800th Professional. Matthew Spiller's next game will also be his 200th AHL.
PERFECT NO MORE: The Rampage's perfect post-regulation record was snapped by the Chicago Wolves with a 2-1 overtime outcome Saturday night at Allstate Arena. Prior to the game, the Rampage were 5-0 when playing 60-plus minutes.
FINAL FLURRY: Last Thursday night, the Rampage tallied three goals in the final period ... Within the last two minutes of play they recorded two goals but the Chicago Wolves were there to answer both when Brett Sterling posted the game-winner with 10 seconds left in regulation.
- 12 DAYS OF GIVING: Last Friday, the Rampage completed their "12-Days of Giving" initiative where the team, wives and staff provided a charitable act or donation and spread holiday cheer for 12 consecutive days leading up to Christmas Day (Dec. 11-22). They are the first AHL team to initiate such a community outreach program for the holiday season.
- RAMPAGE RANKS: Despite a slow start for the team, the Rampage have some individual players that stand out in the league. Jakub Koreis' six-game assist streak ranks sixth in the league while Yanick Lehoux's nine-game scoring streak ranks ninth. Matthew Spiller is in the top 10 for penalty minutes while Josh Tordjman sits at the 11th spot in shootouts among goalies.
- GUYS NIGHT OUT-Dec. 26: Enjoy a night out with the guys this Friday at the Rampage game and have a chance to win free haircuts for a year courtesy of Sportsclips, H-E-B and Best Buy gift cards, a Rampage suite for 22 people, and much more. Look online at sarampage.com and print off a coupon good for a ticket and drink for only $12.
Ticket Info: Tickets start at just $9.50. To order tickets by phone call 210.444.5554 or go on-line at sarampage.com or ticketmaster.com.
American Hockey League Stories from December 26, 2006
- Rampage rally falls short - San Antonio Rampage
- Stars win third straight - Iowa Chops
- Houston survives late goal - Houston Aeros
- Senators cruise past Crunch, 4-2 - Binghamton Senators
- Peoria Powers Past Griffins, 4-3 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolf Pack Recall Lee, Bahensky and Constant from Charlotte - Connecticut Whale
- Phantoms upend Penguins - Adirondack Phantoms
- Hershey Beats Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rivermen Power Through Grand Rapids 4-3 on the Road - Peoria Rivermen
- Bears back in first place after downing Bridgeport, 6-3 - Hershey Bears
- 'Dogs hold on to down Amerks - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Pair called up to New York - Connecticut Whale
- Hamilton Bulldogs weekly - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Phantoms week in review - Adirondack Phantoms
- Portland Pirates Weekly Report - Portland Pirates
- Rampage sign Ferraro, Paddock to PTO - San Antonio Rampage
- Admirals Keep Pace Near Top of Tight East Division Race - Norfolk Admirals
- Oilers send Roy back to Bulldogs and recall Hejda - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rochester hosts Hamilton tonight - Rochester Americans
- Bears' Laing named CCM Vector/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Lowell Splits the Week - Albany Devils
- Rampage Week 12 Report - San Antonio Rampage
- Sound Tigers News - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Monarchs Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Binghamton Senators weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Bears begin five games in six nights Tuesday - Hershey Bears
- Ellis Returns to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Flames Recall Regehr, Moss From Knights - Abbotsford Heat
- Worcester signs Prudden to Professional Tryout Agreement - Worcester Sharks
- Flames Send Ference, Germyn to Knights - Abbotsford Heat
- Aeros Gameday - Houston Aeros
- Sharks Look to Ring in New Year with "Bang" - Worcester Sharks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.