Yaremko Commits to Mount Royal University
KENNEWICK, WA - Tri-City Americans general manager Bob Tory announced today that former Americans center Nolan Yaremko will join the Mount Royal Cougars for the 2019-20 season.
Yaremko played 278 games for the Americans over four seasons with the team. He totaled 67 goals and 92 assists for 159 career points. In his final season with Tri-City he served as the team's captain and recorded 66 points.
"Congratulations to Nolan as he moves on to university and utilizes his WHL Scholarship," said Tory. "Nolan was the epitome of a Tri-City American with his leadership skills, character, work ethic, and humility serving as our team captain. He will be missed on our team and in our community. Nolan is an important part of our culture and we wish him all the best."
Yaremko finished his WHL career this past season and will now take advantage of the WHL Scholarship program. For each season played in the WHL, a player is awarded with a one-year post-secondary scholarship, which includes tuition, compulsory fees, and required textbooks.
"I am very excited to be heading to Mount Royal this upcoming year and looking forward to the next chapter in my life," said Yaremko.
During the 2018-19 academic year 23 Americans alumni utilized the WHL Scholarship program, representing an investment of over $179,000 from the Tri-City Americans and the Players' Education Fund. Click here for more information on the WHL Scholarship. - Season tickets for the Americans' 2019-20 season are now on sale. Call the Americans office at 509-736-0606 for further details.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from May 9, 2019
- Cougars 50/50 Society Donates $25,000 to Cariboo Cougars - Prince George Cougars
- Yaremko Commits to Mount Royal University - Tri-City Americans
- "Select-A-Seat" Saturday, May 11 - Everett Silvertips
- Three Rockets Alumni to Play at IIHF Worlds - Kelowna Rockets
- 50 Below Sports + Entertainment Announces Capital Improvement Upgrades to Wayne Fleming Arena - Winnipeg Ice
- Prince Albert Raiders Win Game 4 of Rogers WHL Championship Series - WHL
- Scott Shuts The Door In Game 4 - Prince Albert Raiders
- Giants Fall 1-0 to Raiders in Game 4, Now Trail the Championship Series 3-1 - Vancouver Giants
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.