Xplorers assigned another talented defensive lineman
SOUTHAVEN --- For the second time in a week, the Memphis Xplorers of af2 have been assigned a highly regarded defensive lineman by the league office. Maurice Troutman comes to the Xplorers after finishing his college career last season at Division I-AA Arkansas-Pine Bluff. The 6-foot-3, 265 pound Troutman joins Defensive Lineman Jordan Brumbaugh from Tuskegee University as the players that have been assigned to the Xplorers for 2006.
"We expect Maurice to come in and be a pass rushing force," Xplorers Head Coach Danton Barto said.
"Maurice Troutman's physical tools coupled with his productivity in college make this a no-brainer," Xplorers Director of Player Personnel Chris Bauer added. "We are pleased that Maurice has chosen us as his vehicle to reach the highest level of professional football."
Troutman was a two-time First-Team All-SWAC selection and was a preseason All-American prior to his senior season with the Golden Lions in 2004. He also led the SWAC in sacks and forced fumbles his junior season.
The Long Beach, California native was rated 22nd by Footballcom1 among defensive ends going into the 2005 NFL draft.
The Memphis Xplorers...2005 ArenaCup Champions
The Xplorers will defend their Arena Cup Championship in 2006 and you can be in on the action. The season begins on April 1 at Tennessee Valley with the home opener on April 8 versus the Florida Firecats.
Season Tickets are available now and begin as low as $56. Don't miss all the action of the "50-Yard Indoor War." For season ticket information call the Xplorers office at 662-342-1755.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from November 9, 2005
- Former Utah standouts back for another run with Wolves - Manchester Wolves
- Arena Football Arrives with a Flash - Stockton Lightning
- Xplorers assigned another talented defensive lineman - Memphis Xplorers
- Pioneers Assigned af2 Veteran - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pioneers
- Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pioneers to hold first open tryouts for 2006 season - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pioneers
- Knights first assigned players of 2006 - Macon Knights
- Tulsa Talons coaches return - Tulsa Talons