Woodchucks Announce Four Players
Wausau, WIS - The Wisconsin Woodchucks have announced that Zach De La Garza and Branson Hall from St. Mary's University, and Alex Stodola and Tommy Duddleston from UW - Stevens Point, will be joining the roster this summer.
De La Garza, a 6'0" left-handed pitcher from San Antonio, TX, will join the 'Chucks pitching rotation. De La Garza posted a 2.60 ERA in 93.1 innings pitched for the Rattlers during his sophomore season. He had 82 strikeouts and a 10-3 record. As a freshman at St. Mary's, he pitched 37.1 innings and recorded 37 strikeouts.
Hall, a 6'3" right-handed pitcher from Lubbock, TX, will contribute on the mound. He had a 3.38 ERA in 56 innings pitched with 59 strikeouts for St. Mary's. Last season, Hall played for the Frank Phillips Community College where he spent 61 innings on the bump. Hall posted a 5.31 ERA with 57 strikeouts in 2017.
Stodola, a 6'2" pitcher from Coleman, WI, will also add to the pitching staff. Stodola pitched 15.1 innings with 20 strikeouts, a 4.70 ERA and eight saves for the Pointers this spring. The junior appeared in 12 games in 2017 with three starts. He had a 3-2 record and a 4.74 ERA. He struck out 23 in 19 innings pitched and led the team with four saves.
Duddleston, a 5'10" infielder from Chicago, IL, hit .333 for the Pointers this spring with eight doubles, two triples and 15 RBI. He had a .415 slugging percentage and .385 on-base percentage and stole 13 bases. In his freshman season in 2017, Duddleston had one double and 15 RBI with five stolen bases. He ranked third on the team with 69 assists as an infielder.
The Wisconsin Woodchucks home opener is Tuesday, May 29, 2018. The Wisconsin Woodchucks offer many great ticket options for our fans for the upcoming 2018 season. Single game tickets and group tickets are now on sale. Order yours today by calling the Woodchucks Ticket Sales team at 715.845.5055 or stopping by the Woodchucks Front Office at 2401 N. 3rd St, Wausau, WI 54403.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from May 16, 2018
- Rafters to Bring on a Louisville Cardinal, Seton Hall Pirate and Northeastern Husky for 2018 - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Woodchucks Announce Four Players - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Dock Spiders & Marian University to Install Video Board at Herr-Baker Field - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wisconsin Woodchucks Stories
- Woodchucks Add Two More to 2019 Roster
- Woodchucks Add Three More to Pitching Staff
- Red, White & Boom Festival Presented by Ascension Returning to Athletic Park
- Woodchucks Add Four Florida International University Players to the 2019 Roster
- Woodchucks Announce Two Mizzou Players to the Roster