Wolves Meet Milwaukee in Central Division Finals
GLENVIEW, ILLINOIS - After dispatching the Rockford IceHogs in three straight games, the Central Division champion Chicago Wolves have advanced to face the third-seeded Milwaukee Admirals in the Central Division Finals of the 2022 Calder Cup Playoffs. The best-of-five series begins Saturday, May 21, at Allstate Arena.
The Wolves own home-ice advantage throughout the postseason after producing the American Hockey League's best regular-season record and setting the franchise's single-season mark for highest points percentage (.724). In addition to hosting Game 1 for the Central Division Finals, the Wolves are the home team for Game 2 on Sunday, May 22, and Game 5 (if necessary) on Sunday, May 29, as they pursue the organization's fifth league championship.
The official schedule for the Central Division Finals:
Game 1 Saturday, May 21 Allstate Arena 7 p.m.
Game 2 Sunday, May 22 Allstate Arena 3 p.m.
Game 3 Wednesday, May 25 Panther Arena 7 p.m.
Game 4* Friday, May 27 Panther Arena 7 p.m.
Game 5* Sunday, May 29 Allstate Arena 3 p.m.
This marks the sixth time the Wolves and Admirals have met in the postseason and Chicago has claimed all but one series. In three of the five previous postseason meetings, the winner of the Chicago-Milwaukee series went on to claim the league championship. The Wolves knocked off Milwaukee in the 1998 IHL Western Conference Semifinals on the way to the Turner Cup. The Admirals took the Wolves in six games in the 2004 West Division Finals en route to the Calder Cup, then the Wolves defeated Milwaukee in the 2008 West Division Semifinals to start the journey toward the organization's fourth championship.
These Wolves and Admirals are especially familiar with each other because they met 14 times during the regular season - the Wolves winning nine times - and because nine Wolves, eight Admirals and both teams' coaching staffs shared the Wolves roster during the shortened 2021 season. Milwaukee did not field a team due to COVID-19 health and safety protocols, so the Wolves made an agreement with the NHL's Nashville Predators to add their prospects to a roster that already featured the Carolina Hurricanes' prospects.
The winner of the Chicago-Milwaukee series meets the winner of the best-of-five Pacific Division Finals. The top-seeded Stockton Heat already have reached the Finals, but the second-seeded Ontario Reign and third-seeded Colorado Eagles have yet to settle their Pacific Division Semifinals. The Western Conference Finals and the Calder Cup Finals will be best-of-seven series.
To purchase tickets and to find the latest information on the Calder Cup Playoffs, visit ChicagoWolves.com/Playoffs or contact a team representative at WolvesTix@ChicagoWolves.com. Individual tickets for all playoff games also can be purchased by visiting Ticketmaster.com, calling Ticketmaster at 800-745-3000, or visiting the Allstate Arena box office or any other Ticketmaster outlet.
Every postseason game will be broadcast in HD on AHLTV.com. To set up an all-access package - either for one day or for every Calder Cup Playoffs contest - visit www.AHLTV.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from May 15, 2022
- Amerks Top Comets in Overtime Again to Take 2-1 Series Lead - Rochester Americans
- Wild Game 3 Ends with Penguins Losing to T-Birds, 7-6 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Wolves Meet Milwaukee in Central Division Finals - Chicago Wolves
- T-Birds Sweep Penguins Behind Wild Comeback Win - Springfield Thunderbirds
- IceHogs Season Comes to an End, Wolves Advance to Central Division Finals - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolves Sweep IceHogs out of the Playoffs - Chicago Wolves
- Comets Drop Contest in Overtime against Americans, Trail in Series 2-1 - Utica Comets
- Moose Season Ends with Game Five Loss to Milwaukee, 2-1 - Manitoba Moose
- Penguins Add Seven from Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- IceHogs Look to Keep Season Alive with Win over Wolves Tonight at the BMO - Rockford IceHogs
- Peterka's Hat Trick Seals Game 2 Win in Overtime - Rochester Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.