Wolves Defeat Thunder, Snapping 7 Game Losing Streak
The Wolves headed to Delaware for the back end of the home and home with the Thunder. The Thunder came out buzzing early with a few good scoring chances, but Jeremey Pominville came up big. Kieran Devine would head to the box for a boarding penalty, and the Wolves would take advantage. Tyler Gjurich scored on the rebound to put the Wolves up 1-0. The Wolves would quickly strike again on a wrist shot from Kyle Powell. Then, just like yesterday, a short-handed goal would start the scoring for the Thunder. Anton Kalinin scored on an incredible feed from Evgenii Demin to cut the lead to 1. The score was 2-1 after 1.
The Wolves got on the Thunder early in period 2. The Wolves took an early penalty but were able to score a short-handed goal. Michael Desjarlais scored on a short-handed breakaway. The Wolves would add goals 4 and 5 in period two as well. Boudreau and Gjurich scored respectively. After two it was 5-1.
Morgan Hudson started the third period for Delaware. Even with the lead, The Wolves kept coming. They started the third with a power-play goal scored by Cole Sonstebo. Later in the third, Taylor Cutting scored on the power-play on a great feed from Ryan Marker. Gjurich and Desjarlais would added a couple more later in the third. With just 14 seconds left Anton Kalinin scored to make the final 8-3.
• Discuss this story on the Federal Prospects Hockey League message board...
Federal Prospects Hockey League Stories from December 28, 2019
- Wolves Defeat Thunder, Snapping 7 Game Losing Streak - Watertown Wolves
- Despite a Strong Showing from Mullen, Thunderbirds Swat Bees - Carolina Thunderbirds
- Shinkaruk Pots Late Game Winner, Hat Tricks Win 3-2 - Danbury Hat Tricks
- River Dragons Take a Shootout Win over the Dashers - Columbus River Dragons
- Prowlers Extend Winning Streak to Eight, Down Mentor 4-2 - Port Huron Prowlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.