WNBA Statement Regarding Travel to Game One of Semifinals
September 15, 2019 - Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA) News Release
NEW YORK, Sept. 15, 2019 - WNBA Commissioner Cathy Engelbert released the following statement:
"With both second-round WNBA playoff games taking place in the Pacific Time Zone on Sunday and WNBA semifinals set to tip off on Tuesday in Connecticut and Washington, D.C., the league has arranged and will cover costs for charter flights for the winners of Sunday's games. We believe it is in the best interest of the players to provide them with an opportunity to arrive expeditiously in the city of the first game of the WNBA semifinals and have a full day on-site to practice, rest and prepare."
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from September 15, 2019
- Hamby's Steal, 35-Footer Sends Aces to WNBA Semifinals With, 93-92, Win over Chicago - Las Vegas Aces
- Mystics to Face Aces in WNBA Semifinals - Washington Mystics
- Sparks Top Storm, Advance to Semifinals - Los Angeles Sparks
- WNBA Statement Regarding Travel to Game One of Semifinals - WNBA
- Los Angeles' Nneka Ogwumike Wins 2019 Kim Perrot Sportsmanship Award - WNBA
- Diggins-Smith and Ogunbowale to Participate in USA Basketball Training Ahead of FIBA AmeriCup - Dallas Wings
- USA Basketball Unveils Expanded Women's National Team Program - Minnesota Lynx
- Dearica Hamby Named 2019 WNBA Sixth Woman of the Year - Las Vegas Aces
- USA Basketball Women's National Team to Train in Miami - New York Liberty
- Las Vegas' Dearica Hamby Named 2019 WNBA Sixth Woman of the Year - WNBA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.