Wisconsin Herd Hires Basketball Operations Staff
OSHKOSH, Wis. - The Wisconsin Herd has hired Arte Culver as Director of Basketball Operations and promoted Peter Herman to Coordinator of Basketball Operations.
Culver most recently served as the Director of Recruiting and Player Personnel at Vanderbilt University. Prior to that, he spent the 2016-17 season as the Head Coach of the men's basketball team at Covenant College. He also spent two seasons as an assistant coach at Wheaton College. Culver played collegiately at Rice University, where he received bachelor's and master's degrees in mathematics.
"We are excited to add Arte to our basketball operations staff," said Bucks Vice President of Basketball Operations and Herd General Manager Dave Dean. "His connections and vast experiences in the game of basketball will serve us well and we look forward to welcoming Arte and his family to the Bucks organization."
Herman spent the past two seasons working as a Basketball Operations Intern with the Milwaukee Bucks. Prior to that, he held a position as a Graduate Assistant at the University of Nevada - Reno where he earned a master's degree in educational leadership. Herman received his bachelor's degree in education from Winona State University, where he served as a student manager for the men's basketball team. In addition, Herman holds experience assisting with USA basketball, working the college summer camp circuits nationwide.
"Peter embodies the terms: humble, hungry and smart and has earned this opportunity through all of those attributes," Dean said. "He has been a true asset with us as an intern and we look forward to seeing him grow in his new role."
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from June 25, 2019
- Orlando Magic Announce Roster for MGM Resorts 2019 NBA Summer League - Lakeland Magic
- Wisconsin Herd Hires Basketball Operations Staff - Wisconsin Herd
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wisconsin Herd Stories
- Wisconsin Herd Announces 2019-20 Season Schedule
- Herd to Host Local Player Tryout on September 14 in Oshkosh
- Chase Buford Named Head Coach of the Wisconsin Herd
- Wisconsin Herd Hires Basketball Operations Staff
- Milwaukee Bucks and Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin Health Network to Host Bucks Summer Camp in Oshkosh