Wings Trade Anigwe, Waive Karlie Samuelson
The Dallas Wings have traded Kristine Anigwe and the team's 2021 third round pick to the Los Angeles Sparks for a second-round pick in the 2021 WNBA Draft. The pick, originally owned by Dallas, was sent to the Sparks for Marina Mabrey on Feb. 21. Additionally, the Wings waived Karlie Samuelson.
Anigwe, the No. 9 pick in the 2019 WNBA draft, was originally selected by the Connecticut Sun and acquired by the Wings on August 6, 2019. She appeared in 27 games during her rookie season, averaging 2.4 points and 2.4 rebounds per game.
Samuelson appeared in four games for the Wings last season, averaging 12 minutes a game. The California native last played for PerfumerÃas Avenida of the Spanish Liga Femenina de Baloncesto.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from May 26, 2020
- Minnesota Lynx Finalize 2020 Roster - Minnesota Lynx
- Chicago Sky Set 11-Player Roster - Chicago Sky
- Wings Trade Anigwe, Waive Karlie Samuelson - Dallas Wings
- Atlanta Dream Roster Sits at 12 - Atlanta Dream
- Phoenix Mercury Narrow 2020 Roster to 11 Players - Phoenix Mercury
- New York Liberty Announce Roster Movements - New York Liberty
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.