Wings Sweep Bismarck with 3-0 Win Saturday
The Aberdeen Wings remain undefeated on the season after sweeping Bismarck, finishing the weekend with a 3-0 win over the Bobcats Saturday.
Jordan Randall started the scoring for the Wings in the first period, finding the back of the net at the 8:23 mark. Randall was assisted on the period's sole goal by Marshall Walker and Cade Neilson, who picked up his fourth assist of the weekend.
After a scoreless second period, Nathan Mann put one between the pipes unassisted at the 2:18 mark. Thomas Manty sealed the deal for the Wings, scoring the game's final goal at the 11:22 mark, assisted by Natan Vertes and Clayton Cosentino, who picked up his eighth assist of the season.
Jake Sibell was a force to be reckoned with between the goal posts, stopping all 25 of the shots he faced. The Wings outshot the Bobcats 31-25 and move to 4-0 on the season.
The Wings will host Bismarck again at the Odde Ice Center this Friday, Oct. 23. Fans can get tickets ahead of the game at https://tickets.AberdeenWings.com. The Wings will travel to Bismarck on Saturday, Oct. 24, and will be back home Oct. 30-31 against the Austin Bruins.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from October 17, 2020
- Nordiques Fall to the Hawks on the Road - Maine Nordiques
- Wings Sweep Bismarck with 3-0 Win Saturday - Aberdeen Wings
- Hawks Get First Regulation Win of Season; Split First Home Series of The Season Against Maine - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Comeback Falls Short as Titans Drop Home Opener 5-3 to Black Bears - New Jersey Titans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.