Wings acquire Regan from San Jose
The Philadelphia Wings acquired forward Mike Regan and a first round pick in the 2006 National Lacrosse League Entry Draft in exchange for forward Luke Wiles and defenseman Chad Thompson. Both Wiles and Thompson were selected by the Wings in the first round of the 2005 Entry Draft. Regan is expected to be in the lineup when the Wings face the Rochester Knighthawks on Saturday, March 11 at Wachovia Center.
"I believe that we're a better team today than yesterday," said Wings General Manager and Head Coach Lindsay Sanderson. "A proven goal scorer like Mike will help us in the battle to become one of the elite teams in the league."
Regan, a six-year NLL veteran, has recorded 201 points (128G, 73A) in 63 regular season career games with San Jose and the Albany Attack. The 5' 10", 190-pound forward also has eight points (3G, 5A) in three playoff games. He was a member of the NLL's All-Rookie Team in 2001. He was drafted by Albany in the second round (10th overall) of the 2001 NLL Entry Draft. Regan played his college lacrosse at Butler University.
The NLL trade deadline is Tuesday, March 14 at 5 p.m.
Great tickets for the 2006 Philadelphia Wings season are available through Ticketmaster. Guarantee great seats for the 2006 Wings season by reserving your four game pro-rated season tickets now! Season tickets start as low as $40 and are available by calling the Wings ticket office at (215) 389-WING (9464).
The Philadelphia Wings are owned and operated by Philadelphia Wings L.P., whose principal owners are Russ Cline, Chris Fritz and Michael French. Comcast-Spectacor serves as the marketing, sponsorship and publicity arm of the Wings.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from March 10, 2006
- Sting Back in First Place After 13-9 Home Win Over Edmonton - NLL
- Weekend back-to-back rematches as Jax take on Sting and Mammoth - Portland Lumberjax
- Rochester Defeats Wings 17-8 - Philadelphia Wings
- Stealth acquire first rounders Wiles and Thompson - San Jose Stealth
- Wings acquire Regan from San Jose - Philadelphia Wings
- Minnesota Swarm Launches Grass Roots Lacrosse Clinics - Minnesota Swarm
- East Division Foes Faceoff Saturday Night - Toronto Rock
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Philadelphia Wings Stories
- Wings to Re-Locate Franchise
- Wings Player Garret Thul Named to United States Men's National Lacrosse Team
- Wings Second All-Time Leading Scorer Bergey Named to NLL Hall of Fame Ballot
- Philadelphia Wings Brodie Merrill Voted Finalist for Transition Player of the Year
- Three Philadelphia Wings Players Named to Canadian National Lacrosse Team