Windy City Drops Third Straight on the Road, 113-95 to Raptors 905
The Windy City Bulls, presented by BMO Harris Bank, the official G League affiliate of the Chicago Bulls, closed out a three-game road-trip with a loss to Raptors 905, 113-95.
The first quarter was a series of back-and-forth runs by both teams, with the 905 jumping out to an early 7-0 advantage behind their leading scorer Devin Robinson (23.4 ppg, 8.6 rpg).
The Bulls answered back with a 9-0 run of their own, leaning on strong play down low by Darel Poirier who converted on an early tip in three-point play to help Windy City retake the lead 9-7.
The Raptors pushed the pace again, capitalizing on a slow shooting start for the Bulls on route to a 16-4 stretch to grab a ten-point lead.
The 905 defended physically throughout the first half, trapping Windy City leading scorer P.J. Dozier whenever possible to disrupt the Bulls' offensive rotations.
The strategy proved effective as the Raptors capitalized on ten Windy City turnovers to carry a double-digit lead into the halftime locker room, 53-41.
The Bulls struggled to find the net in the first 24 minutes, hitting on just 15-for-46 from the field and 3-for-20 from the three-point arc. Dozier still found ways to contribute however, finishing the half with ten points, eight rebounds, and three assists, to go along with 11 points for Chicago Bulls Two-Way player Max Strus.
Leading the way in the first half for the 905 were Robinson with 13 points, Paul Watson with 11 points and three rebounds, and Syracuse product Tyler Ennis with six assists.
The shooting woes continued for Windy City in the second half as the defensive pressure of the Raptors controlled the flow and stretched the 905 lead to 21 at the end of the third quarter, 87-66.
The dominance of Robinson continued for the Raptors as well. The former Florida Gator finished at the rim consistently, posting 25 points on 10-for-15 from the floor to lead all scorers before exiting the game with an injury early in the fourth quarter.
Also contributing to the victory for the 905 were Toronto Raptors Two-Way players Shamorie Ponds with 15 points, ten rebounds and five assists and Oshae Brissett with 16 points, nine rebounds and three steals.
Leading the way for the Bulls were Milton Doyle with 20 points, four assists and four rebounds, and Strus with 19 points and six rebounds. Simi Shittu out of Vanderbilt had a breakout game with 17 points on 7-for-7 shooting to go along with three rebounds and three steals in just 15 minutes of action.
Windy City (4-4) will return home to host Tacko Fall and the Maine Red Claws on Friday.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from November 26, 2019
- Windy City Drops Third Straight on the Road, 113-95 to Raptors 905 - Amarillo Bulls
- Wichita Falls Warriors Announce Name And Logo - Wichita Falls Warriors
- Ice Wolves Fans Raise over $14,000 for American Cancer Society - New Mexico Ice Wolves
- Schedule Change this Weekend - Topeka Pilots
- Mack Byers Commits to DI Northern Michigan - Aberdeen Wings
- Titans to Wear and Auction Military Jerseys January 24 Weekend - New Jersey Titans
- Love Commits to Robert Morris - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Bismarck Bobcats yo Face the Minot Minotauros - Bismarck Bobcats
- Flex Packs on Sale Now - Jamestown Rebels
- Strinden Signed - Minot Minotauros
- Weekend Recap - Maine Nordiques
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.