Westchester Knicks Run Down by Windy City Bulls
WHITE PLAINS, NY - The Westchester Knicks (13-17), the official NBA Development League affiliate of the New York Knickerbockers, lost 105-99 to the Windy City Bulls (12-16) today, falling to 0-3 on the season against the Chicago Bulls' affiliate.
Von Wafer paced Westchester for the third game in a row, finishing with 20 points off the bench. Kevin Capers also provided a nice bench performance, supplying 15 points and three assists; Jaylen Bond chipping in 12 points and eight rebounds. Damien Inglis finished his night with 18 points and four rebounds, and Courtney Fells rounded out the night with 15 points, eight rebounds, and five assists.
Jake Layman led the charge for the Bulls with 19 points. From the bench, Aaron Thomas provided 18 points, seven rebounds, and five assists while former Westchester Knick Wesley Saunders just missed a double-double with 16 points and nine rebounds. Alfonzo McKinnie rounded out the double-digit scorers with 15 points and nine rebounds.
Westchester fell behind early in its rematch against Windy City. The Knicks' opponent launched a furious offensive onslaught that saw them lead by as many as 16 points in the first half. Westchester had to expend all of its energy battling back, but it was well spent as the Knicks closed its deficit to only four points when heading into halftime. Damien Inglis led the Knicks with ten first half points and Courtney Fells followed closely with eight points of his own.
The Knicks' first lead of the game came late in the third quarter. However, Windy City did not let go of its lead easily and the remainder of the game was highly contested. As both teams continued to trade leads and baskets, the Bulls' shooting emerged as a difference maker as Westchester was unable to get revenge, falling 105-99.
The Westchester Knicks will hit the road for a 7:30 p.m. match up against the Sioux Falls Skyforce, the Miami Heat's affiliate, on Tuesday, Feb. 7. The game will be broadcast live on MSG Networks and streamed via Facebook Live.
Tickets for the 2016-17 season are on sale now via WestchesterKnicks.com, Ticketmaster outlets, and the Westchester County Center Box Office. For information on all ticket plans and promotions call (914) 559-6889. Fans can stay up-to- date on team news by following the team at: @wcknicks on Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat and on Facebook at facebook.com/wcknicks.
About the Westchester Knicks The NBA Development League's Westchester Knicks basketball team, the official affiliate of the New York Knickerbockers, is part of The Madison Square Garden Company. The Company (MSG) is a world leader in live sports and entertainment with a portfolio of legendary sports teams, exclusive entertainment productions and celebrated venues. MSG Sports owns and operates some of the most widely recognized sports franchises: the New York Knicks (NBA), the New York Rangers (NHL) and the New York Liberty (WNBA), along with two development league teams -- the Westchester Knicks (NBADL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL). MSG Sports also presents a broad array of world-class sporting events, including: professional boxing, college basketball, tennis, bull riding and e-gaming events. MSG Entertainment features exclusive, original productions that include the Radio City Christmas Spectacular and New York Spectacular Starring The Radio City Rockettes. MSG Entertainment also presents or hosts a wide variety of live entertainment offerings, including concerts, family shows and special events, in the Company's diverse collection of iconic venues. These venues are: New York's Madison Square Garden, The Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; the Forum in Inglewood, California; The Chicago Theatre; and the Wang Theatre in Boston, MA. More information is available at www.themadisonsquaregardencompany.com.
# # #
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 4, 2017
- Warriors Drop Road Contest to the Suns - Santa Cruz Warriors
- SKYFORCE OVERPOWERS THE LEGENDS - Texas Legends
- Skyforce Overpowers the Legends - Texas Legends
- D-Fenders Downed in Oklahoma City - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Red Claws Survive Sevens in OT - Maine Red Claws
- BayHawks Outlast Charge - Erie BayHawks
- Drive Rally from 18 Down to Hand 905 First Road Loss - Grand Rapids Drive
- Game Notes: at Texas Legends - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Westchester Knicks Run Down by Windy City Bulls - Westchester Knicks
- Chicago Bulls Recall Denzel Valentine - Windy City Bulls
- Kings Recall Papagiannis from Reno Bighorns - Reno Bighorns
- Warriors Sign Briante Weber to 10-Day Contract - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Boston Celtics Assign Jordan Mickey to Maine Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Denzel Valentine Leads Windy City Past Westchester in OT Thriller - Windy City Bulls
- Warriors Defeat Iowa, Notching Hill's 100th Career Win - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Energy Test Warriors Resiliency, Drop Contest - Iowa Wolves
- Bighorns Fall to the Stars - Reno Bighorns
- Legends Snap Streak with Big Win over Blue - Texas Legends
- Austin Spurs Slips Away from the Vipers - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Westchester Knicks Knocked Back by Windy City Bulls in Overtime - Westchester Knicks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Westchester Knicks Stories
- Westchester Knicks Eliminated from Playoff Contention with Loss to Reigning Champion Raptors 905
- Mike Miller Named NBA G League Coach of the Year
- Nigel Hayes Returns to Westchester Knicks
- Westchester Knicks to Host 2018 NBA G League Conference Semifinals as Top Seed in Eastern Conference on April 2
- Knicks Fall, but Clinch Eastern Conference Title