Wave Advance to MASL Eastern Conference Final After Defeating Kansas City Comets Saturday Afternoon
The Six-Time Champion Milwaukee Wave were victorious Saturday at UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena in a very physical Game 2 of the MASL Ron Newman Cup playoff against the rival Kansas City Comets.
Final score: Milwaukee Wave 10, Kansas City Comets 3.
"The level of intensity in the MASL in the post season goes up just a few notches from the regular season," said Milwaukee Wave Head Coach Giuliano Oliviero. "This afternoon was no different but we played well, kept our cool and got the job done."
Milwaukee Wave goals were scored by #14 Alex Bradley, #23 Daniel Chamale, #77 Marcio Leite and #26 Ian Bennett, #99 Andre Hayne and #8 Luan Oliviera each had two goals.
"Kansas City is a great team and very experienced," added Oliviero. "I thought they had a great game plan, were well coached and they hung with us as long as they could but in the end we were too much for them."
A total of 38 fouls were issued along with 13 penalties. 18 fouls for the Wave, 20 for the Comets. Of the 13 penalties, a majority of them came in the 4th quarter. 5 penalties for Milwaukee, 8 for Kansas City, including the ejection of Comets defender #3 James Togbah (accumulating penalties) and defender #51 Robert Palmer (violent conduct).
"The moment we started to pull away and the game seemed out of reach for KC was when we started to look at the big picture, the next round," said Oliviero. "We didn't want anyone to lose their cool. Just stick together, advance and make sure we have the best team on the field for the next game."
The Milwaukee Wave will meet the winner of the Baltimore Blast, Uticia FC series next Sunday afternoon at UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena. Kick-off is scheduled for 2:05pm.
Tickets are available at MilwaukeeWave.com
Images from this story
Milwaukee Wave huddle up after eliminating the Kansas City Comets
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from April 20, 2019
- Blast Beaten by Utica City 12-9 in Game One - Baltimore Blast
- Utica Demands Win in Game One against Baltimore - Utica City FC
- Wave Advance to MASL Eastern Conference Final After Defeating Kansas City Comets Saturday Afternoon - Milwaukee Wave
- Comets Season Comes to An End After Tough Loss in Game Two - Kansas City Comets
- Sockers Look to Close out Tacoma - San Diego Sockers
- Sockers Keep It Rolling with 6-3 Win in Game One - San Diego Sockers
- Stars Drop Game 1 to San Diego 6-3 - Tacoma Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Milwaukee Wave Stories
- Washington County FC Joins ROC Ventures SC Wave Family
- Pereyra Pummels Orlando SeaWolves with Seven Point Game; Wave Win 12-6
- Wave Defeat Seawovles in Game One of Douleheader
- Back to Back Home Games for Milwaukee Wave this Weekend
- California Not Kind to Wave over the Weekend; Lose Second Straight Game Sunday Night