Washington County FC Joins ROC Ventures SC Wave Family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin - ROC Ventures is pleased to announce its Wave soccer programming is growing. Washington County FC is joining the ROC Ventures SC Wave family. The program will now be called, SC Wave Washington County. SC Wave currently has programs at SC Wave Waukesha, SC Wave New Berlin, SC Wave Greendale, and SC Wave Walworth. All of the youth programs are in the same family as the 7 time indoor professional soccer champions the Milwaukee Wave.
"We are excited to be a part of SC Wave." Stated current Washington County FC President John Seifert. "This merger gives us increased access to summer camps, name recognition and other resources needed to help grow competitive soccer in Washington County while at the same time keeping a great deal of decision making local and retaining much of what we enjoy in our community club. "
Affiliation with SC Wave provides SC Wave Washington County participants access to new playing opportunities, expert coaches, and top tier training facilities including the MOSH Performance Center.
The MOSH Performance Center is being developed by ROC Ventures at Ballpark Commons in Franklin and slated to open late fall of this year with construction currently underway. The MOSH Performance Center will feature over 40,000 square feet of commercial space for performance- and wellness-based services, uniquely integrated with an additional 75,000+ square feet of four-season turf on the ground floor for athlete training, tournaments, and games--the only full-size indoor soccer field in the state.
These resources are uniquely available through SC Wave as one of the premier soccer clubs in the United States - thereby maximizing player development and providing a more complete and exceptional experience for the athlete.
"There are a tremendous number of talented male and female soccer players in Washington County," stated SC Wave President, Shan Amini. "This new affiliation will allow more players to use the SC Wave methodology and curriculum that has been so successful for our other athletes." Amini continued, "The cross training and playing opportunities will benefit SC Wave Washington County players as well as players and teams across the entire club."
SC Wave Washington County joins SC Wave after another successful season. In the last year:
- SC Wave led the state in State Cup Championships bringing the club total to 45 in the last 10 years.
- SC Wave 04 Juniors Girls won the US Youth Soccer National Championship Ã¢ÂÂ¢ SC Wave Director of Coaching Giuliano Oliviero won State Coach of the Year, Midwest Region Coach of the Year, and National Coach of the Year.
- SC Wave led the State in teams in qualifying in Midwest Regionals and teams qualified for National League.
SC Wave Washington County will swap out its red, white and black uniforms for the highly recognized Wave yellow and black uniforms which all SC Wave youth teams and indoor professional team Milwaukee Wave wear starting this summer.
SC Wave offers four primary programs:
- The Milwaukee Wave: The professional indoor soccer team founded in 1984. They are the oldest continuously operating professional soccer team in the United States, currently playing in the Major Arena Soccer League, and are 7-time Indoor Soccer World Champions with their most recent championship in 2019.
- SC Wave Select: Provides an opportunity for a higher level of competition and training for more serious players who have demonstrated superior ability, skill development, and commitment. SCW's Wave Select program is for players U11-U19 who are offered positions on a team after participating in tryouts.
- The SC Wave Academy: Provides an opportunity for a higher level of competition at ages U7- U10. SC Wave Academy's training is for more serious players who have demonstrated superior ability, skill development, and commitment.
- SC Wave Recreational: Offers youth the opportunity to play soccer at many different age groups in their local communities. SC Wave Recreational begins at the U-4 level and teaches the fundamentals of soccer while placing an emphasis on having fun and enjoying the game.
For more information on SC Wave Washington County visit scwave.org/washington-county. For more information on SC Wave visit: scwave.org. Registration is currently open for players to sign up for the 2020-2021 season on the SC Wave website.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from April 15, 2020
- MASL Announces Coach of the Year and GK Nominees - MASL
- Chris Toth Named Nominee for MASL Goalkeeper of the Year - Ontario Fury
- Sidekicks Rookies Making a Major Impact in MASL - Dallas Sidekicks
- Clay Roberts Named Major Arena Soccer League Coach-Of-The-Year - Florida Tropics SC
- Washington County FC Joins ROC Ventures SC Wave Family - Milwaukee Wave
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Milwaukee Wave Stories
- Milwaukee Wave announces cancellation of 2020-21 season
- Washington County FC Joins ROC Ventures SC Wave Family
- Pereyra Pummels Orlando SeaWolves with Seven Point Game; Wave Win 12-6
- Wave Defeat Seawovles in Game One of Douleheader
- Back to Back Home Games for Milwaukee Wave this Weekend