Warriors Acquire Torren Jones
SANTA CRUZ, CA - The Santa Cruz Warriors have acquired Torren Jones from the available player pool, the team announced today.
Jones played one season at the University of Missouri (2013-14) before transferring to Midland Junior College for the 2014-15 season and Fresno State for the 2015-16 season. At Fresno State, Jones averaged 10.5 points and 7.9 rebounds in 21 games (17 starts). Jones finished his collegiate career at William Penn University, where he averaged 20.4 points and 12.3 rebounds en route to being named Heart of America Player of the Year and a first-team All-American for NAIA Division I.
Jones went undrafted in the 2017 NBA Draft and was offered a tryout with the Agua Caliente Clippers. After being waived from the Clippers, Jones played for OHOD in Saudi Arabia before spending a season in Australia with Southern Vale Homes Bandits.
In corresponding news, Devyn Marble has left the team to pursue opportunities abroad. Marble appeared in 26 games (20 starts) for the Warriors during the 2019-20 season averaging 13.2 points and 5.0 rebounds.
The Warriors conclude their six-game homestand against the Salt Lake City Stars (21-8) on Wednesday, February 5 at 7:00p.m. at Kaiser Permanente Arena. Fans can view Wednesday's game on NBC Sports Bay Area Plus, ESPN+ or stream on the NBC Sports MyTeams App. The first 1,500 fans will receive a Pride Night rally towel. Tickets for this game start at just $19 and are available by visiting santacruzbasketball.com or by calling (831) 713-4400.
For more information on the Santa Cruz Warriors 2019-20 NBA G League season, presented by Kaiser Permanente, visit santacruzbasketball.com or call (831) 713-4400.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 5, 2020
- Wolves Rebound with Resilient Victory over Skyforce - Iowa Wolves
- Blue Coats Fall to Bulls in Conference Bout - Delaware Blue Coats
- Drive Fall to Go-Go 119-114 - Grand Rapids Drive
- Greensboro Suffers Home Defeat to Raptors - Greensboro Swarm
- Wolves Sink Skyforce 123-117 in Final Minutes - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Blossomgame Notches 26 & 16 in Debut, Bulls Win 114-103 - Windy City Bulls
- Oklahoma City Sets Record in Win over South Bay - Oklahoma City Blue
- Legends Host Breast Cancer Awareness Night, Presented by Kia - Texas Legends
- Skyhawks to Honor Prominent Community Figures at Black History Game on February 7 - College Park Skyhawks
- Warriors Acquire Torren Jones - Santa Cruz Warriors
- NBA G League Names Portia Archer Chief Operating Officer - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- Recovery Resource Center at Kaiser Permanente Arena to Reduce Hours
- Kaiser Permanente Arena to Serve as Polling Site for 2020 General Election
- Kaiser Permanente Arena to Become Recovery Resource Center for Victims Affected by the Czu Lightning Complex Fire
- Santa Cruz Warriors Awarded 2019-20 NBA G League Social Responsibility/Youth Basketball Award for Sea Dub Classics Program
- Santa Cruz Warriors Raise over $5,000 for Community Foundation Santa Cruz County COVID-19 Local Response Fund