Warriors Acquire Three Players Ahead of Regular Season
SANTA CRUZ, CA - The Santa Cruz Warriors have acquired guard Jerome Robinson off waivers and then Trevor John and Lamont West from the available player pool the team announced today.
Robinson was drafted 13th overall in the 2018 NBA Draft by the LA Clippers. Robinson was traded to the Washington Wizards during the 2019-20 season and spent the 2020-21 season with the Wizards averaging 4.9 points and 2.2 rebounds before being waived in April 2021. Spending three seasons at Boston College, Robinson averaged 17.7 points, 3.8 rebounds and 3.3 assists as an Eagle.
John played three years at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo before transferring for his final season at Drexel University. At Drexel, John started all 32 games and averaged 11.9 points, 2.5 rebounds and 1.0 assists. John has spent time with three NBA G League teams this year (Grand Rapids, Wisconsin and Sioux Falls).
West played his first three seasons at West Virginia University before finishing his collegiate career at Missouri State averaging 9.5 points and 3.4 rebounds. Prior to coming to Santa Cruz, West played for the Spars in the Bosnia Division 1 league.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 5, 2022
- Nets Earn First Win of Regular Season against Skyhawks at Home - Long Island Nets
- Gold Win against Knicks, 127-108, to Kick off Regular Season - Grand Rapids Gold
- Birmingham Squadron vs. Stockton Kings Broadcast Information - Birmingham Squadron
- South Bay Lakers Regular Season Opener Postponed - South Bay Lakers
- Maine Celtics Add Two Players - Maine Celtics
- Warriors Acquire Three Players Ahead of Regular Season - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Malik Rose Named Head of NBA G League Basketball Operations - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- Santa Cruz Falls to Rio Grande Valley, 134-110
- Santa Cruz Falls in Oklahoma City on Saturday Night, 117-113
- Santa Cruz Warriors Fall to Agua Caliente Clippers, 115-101
- Santa Cruz Warriors Dominate Stockton Kings, 124-91
- Santa Cruz Warriors Fall to Texas Legends, 136-132