Walker Russell, Jr. Returns to the Reno Bighorns
RENO, NV, February 27, 2014 -The Reno Bighorns have claimed guard Walker Russell, Jr. He will join the team immediately.
Russell, Jr. previously played for the Reno Bighorns during the 2012-13 season averaging 10.1 points, 6.7 assists, and 3.3 rebounds in 21 games.
Russell, Jr., who played collegiately at Jacksonville State, has spent time in the NBA with the Oklahoma City Thunder and Detroit Pistons. During the 2011-12 season, Russell appeared in 28 games for the Pistons, averaging 3.0 points and 2.1 assists per game.
He will fill the roster spot left vacant by Brandon Heath. The Bighorns roster now stands at 11 players.
The Bighorns next home game is Monday, March 3rd at 7:00 p.m. against the Santa Cruz Warriors at the Reno Events Center. Tickets are available now. For more information contact the Bighorns at 775-853-8220, email@example.com or log onto RenoBighorns.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 27, 2014
- D-Fenders Lose Road Battle with Texas - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Armor Dominate Toros at Home, 120-94 - Springfield Armor
- Charge Fall to Red Claws in Maine - Canton Charge
- Walker Russell, Jr. Returns to the Reno Bighorns - Reno Bighorns
- Charge Acquire Brandon Paul - Canton Charge
- Austin Toros Aquire Ben Strong - Austin Spurs
- Mavericks Assign Crowder, James and Larkin to NBA D-League's Texas Legends - Texas Legends
- Mavericks Assign Crowder, James and Larkin to NBA D-League's Texas Legends - G League
- Nerlens Noel to Host Ice Cream Social for B+ Heroes - Delaware 87ers
- Xavier Henry Assigned to the D-Fenders - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Xavier Henry Assigned to the NBA D-League's Los Angeles D-Fenders - G League
- Wizards Re-Assign Rice to Iowa Energy - Iowa Wolves
- Wizards Re-Assign Rice to Iowa Energy - G League
- Warriors Defeated by Vipers - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.