Vipers assigned four more players by af2
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. - The Tennessee Valley Vipers have been assigned four more players by arenafootball2.
Joining the Vipers for training camp March 9 will be former Buffalo lineman Anthony Andriano, Western Oregon lineman Matthew Jirges, Midwestern State receiver Gary Elliott and international player Ric Hennessy, a native of Great Britain who played professionally in Germany last year.
"It's a great group and I'm very pleased with these latest additions,'' Vipers coach Milt Theodosatos said. "Andriano is very aggressive and tough, Jirges was all-conference and he's supposed to be quite a player.
"Hennessy was strong over in Germany and Elliott has talent and speed."
Andriano (6-foot-2, 245 pounds) had an 11-game total of 45 tackles, four quarterback hurries and a sack as a senior in 2005 at Buffalo, while Jirges (6-4, 240) was an All-Independent selection in '06 at Western Oregon.
Elliott (5-9, 165) starred at wide receiver at Midwestern State, while Hennessy (5-11, 180) played in nine games last season for the German League's Luebeck Cougars. He finished with 63 tackles, two interceptions and 3.5 sacks and also had seven kick returns for a 41.6-yard average and a touchdown.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from February 8, 2007
- Ledbetter signs with Shock, Purvis signs an AFL contract - Spokane Shock
- Coach T's Kids Vipers Golf Tourny set for April 6 - Alabama Vipers
- Vipers assigned four more players by af2 - Alabama Vipers
- Steamwheelers Assigned Combines.com Number One Rated Player - Quad City Steamwheelers
- Quad City Steamwheelers Announce Four More Returnees - Quad City Steamwheelers
- Dorados adjust local tryout camp - Rio Grande Valley Dorados
- Blizzard Single Games Seats Go On Sale This Saturday - Green Bay Blizzard
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.