Ledbetter signs with Shock, Purvis signs an AFL contract
The Spokane Shock announced today that DL Marquess Ledbetter has been assigned to their 2007 roster. Additionally, DL Neil Purvis - a member of the 2006 ArenaCup Championship roster - has signed an AFL contract with the Nashville Kats.
Ledbetter, 6'2" 265, joins the Shock after a collegiate career that was cut short due to injury in 2005 while playing at the University of Utah. Despite these injuries, Ledbetter compiled 76 tackles - 14 tackles for a loss, and recorded 9.5 sacks for 37 yards.
In his final season of play, Ledbetter started in all 12 games including the 2005 Fiesta Bowl in which he tallied four tackles and had two sacks for negative 13 yards. That season, Ledbetter's 46 tackles led the defensive line.
"Marquess is one of the best pass rush candidates that I have seen," Head Coach Adam Shackleford said. "He's the kind of guy who can make eight or nine big plays in a game as a pass rusher."
Ledbetter is the 13th signee on the 2007 roster under Shackleford. The Shock will begin their quest to defend the Championship on Saturday, March 31st as they host the Stockton Lightning at the Spokane Arena at Northern Quest Casino Field. Season tickets are on sale now and can be purchased by calling 509 242 7462.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from February 8, 2007
- Ledbetter signs with Shock, Purvis signs an AFL contract - Spokane Shock
- Coach T's Kids Vipers Golf Tourny set for April 6 - Alabama Vipers
- Vipers assigned four more players by af2 - Alabama Vipers
- Steamwheelers Assigned Combines.com Number One Rated Player - Quad City Steamwheelers
- Quad City Steamwheelers Announce Four More Returnees - Quad City Steamwheelers
- Dorados adjust local tryout camp - Rio Grande Valley Dorados
- Blizzard Single Games Seats Go On Sale This Saturday - Green Bay Blizzard
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.