VANNELLI REASSIGNED TO SAN ANTONIO
Oilers defenseman Tommy Vannelli gets call up to AHL's Rampage
TULSA, OK - The Tulsa Oilers, proud ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's St. Louis Blues, announced Thursday that defenseman Tommy Vannelli has been recalled by the Blues and reassigned to the San Antonio Rampage of the American Hockey League.
Vannelli, 22, recorded 14 points (4g, 10a) in 30 games for the Oilers and holds the top plus/minus rating (+12) on the team. The St. Louis Blues' 2013 second round pick participated in the Rampage's training camp following the Blues' main camp in the fall, and previously appeared in seven AHL games in 2015-16 with the Chicago Wolves, where he registered one assist. Vannelli tallied two assists in 11 games for the Missouri Mavericks last season, and finished the year with the Atlanta Gladiators, where he posted 17 points (1g, 16a) in 35 games.
The Minnetonka, MN native spent two seasons in the Western Hockey League with the Medicine Hat Tigers, where he had 76 points (26g, 50a) in 104 games after he was drafted by St. Louis.
Tulsa continues its final week of 2017 with the second of four meetings against the Kansas City Mavericks on the York Plumbing Ice at the BOK Center at 7:05pm Friday. Catch all the action on the Sports Animal (99.9FM/1550AM) in Tulsa, ECHL.TV, or www.tulsaoilers.com (Listen Live), with coverage starting at 5:55pm CT.
Images from this story
Vannelli Reassigned to San Antonio
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 29, 2017
- Nailers at Komets Game Day Snap Shot, December 29 - Wheeling Nailers
- Heeter, King Recalled by Marlies - Orlando Solar Bears
- Nailers Loan Adam Morrison to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wheeling Nailers
- Dziurzynski, Collins Lead Rally as Fuel Upend Wings in Kalamazoo - Indy Fuel
- Fournier Scores Twice as Beast Snare Victory over Swamp Rabbits - Brampton Beast
- Woody Hudson and Jeff Kubiak score for Worcester in road loss - Worcester Railers HC
- Wings Run out of Gas against Fuel - Kalamazoo Wings
- Six Royals score, Willows nets three points - Reading Royals
- VANNELLI REASSIGNED TO SAN ANTONIO - Tulsa Oilers
- Roster Moves - G Muse is back, team inks D Boyle, D Comrie signs PTO with Utica - Reading Royals
- Royals Announce Four Roster Moves - Reading Royals
- Holiday gifts continue with $5 Green Zone tickets and APHILLYation night - Reading Royals
- MAVERICKS COME BACK THREE TIMES TO FINISH OFF OILERS - Tulsa Oilers
- FUEL COME UP EMPTY IN TOLEDO - Indy Fuel
- Thunder Freeze Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- Outstanding Ouellette Leads 'Blades Past Atlanta - Florida Everblades
- Mallards Team with Falbo Bros Pizza for Report Card Night - Quad City Mallards
- Mallards Weekly - Quad City Mallards
- IceHogs Call for Matt Tomkins - Indy Fuel
- Thunder Acquires Dufour from Brampton - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.