Valor drop season opener, 61-56, in Baltimore
The Washington Valor (0-1) fell to the Baltimore Brigade (1-0), 61-56, Friday night at Royal Farms Arena in Baltimore, Md., in the first game of the 2018 Arena Football League season. Valor quarterback Nick Davila, playing in his first game with the team, was named Offensive Player of the Game for his seven-touchdown performance.
"It's fun to play for the Valor, to represent the red white and blue, to represent my team, represent my family," Davila said. "What more can you want? I was having fun out there but, ultimately, it's better when you win."
Davila accounts for seven touchdowns, named Offensive Player of the Game
Valor quarterback Nick Davila, a three-time AFL MVP playing in his first game with Washington, threw for six touchdowns and ran for another on his way to being named Offensive Player of the Game. Davila and longtime teammate Rod Windsor connected for three touchdowns through the air.
The Valor announced today that the team's home opener, originally scheduled for Saturday, April 21, has been moved to Friday, May 11 to accommodate the NBA and NHL playoffs. Washington now has a week off before traveling to Philadelphia for a Week 3 matchup with the Soul on Saturday, April 28 at 7:30 p.m. at Wells Fargo Center.
Athletic Performance Inc.
740 MD Route 3 South
Gambrills, MD 21054
Friday, May 11: The Valor open their 2018 slate of home games against the Albany Empire at 7 p.m. at Capital One Arena.
Visit the team website for full coverage of the team, including schedules, rosters and news as it happens. Follow the Valor on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
MONUMENTAL SPORTS NETWORK:
For the latest Valor video features, behind-the-scenes content and subscription information, visit monumentalsportsnetwork.com.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League message board...
Arena Football League Stories from April 16, 2018
- Brigade Today - Baltimore Brigade
- Valor Today - Washington Valor
- Arena Football League Announces New League-Wide Partnership with Shinola - AFL
- Empire Week 2 Game vs Washington Moved to May 11 - Albany Empire
- Washington Valor Move Home Opener - AFL
- Valor Home Opener Moved to May 11 - Washington Valor
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Washington Valor Stories
- McDowell Named Valor Head Coach
- Valor Today
- Valor Today
- Valor to Host Fan Rally Celebrating ArenaBowl XXXI Championship
- Valor Top Brigade, 69-55, to Win ArenaBowl XXXI